‘A is for Array,’ an ABC Programming Book for Kids

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you feel you have the need to grow your mini-geek or geekette into a full-fledged coder, what could be better than starting them out on the right path with a book of ABC’s using coding phrases as the related words. That’s what motivated programmer Brandon Hansen to pen A is for Array to teach his kids the rudiments of the programming lingo.

While some of these words and descriptions in A is for Array will almost certainly be a little difficult for young children, I would rather challenge kids than go easy on them.

B is for burn out.

Gotta keep the career prospects realistic. ;)

S for spaghetti code

W is for Wicked Problem

Pointers themselves aren't so bad. It's the people who use them in scenarios where they could instead use references that's the real issue.

pointers don't kill people, people kill people

No kidding. Is there such a thing as nationalism any longer? At the rate we're heading there won't be.

[sarcasm] Ahem... Nationalism is counter to the "global community" ideals of today. Get with the times you bigot! [/sarcasm]

[sarcasm] Ahem... Nationalism is counter to the "global community" ideals of today. Get with the times you bigot! [/sarcasm]

I know, I know. We're slowly being conditioned to average out the entire global community economy wise. Americans have to be kicked down a good several pegs to be in line with the rest of the globe. Thanks Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels; ah heck it was naturalization anyhow, someone was bound to get it going.

Back