A Look at Cadillac One

Damn. When I saw Cadillac, I was hoping it was going to be an Escalade rollin' on 20's...

GWB's limo's 8 years old and is undoubtedly getting both worn in the interior and worn mechanically as well. At this point it's getting to the stage were people who don'ty run their cars completely into the ground start looking to buy replacements. If it doesn't end up in a museum somewhere it's probably going to be given an overhaul and used for a second tier VIP.

ah, good point i guess......

GWB's limo's 8 years old and is undoubtedly getting both worn in the interior and worn mechanically as well. At this point it's getting to the stage were people who don'ty run their cars completely into the ground start looking to buy replacements. If it doesn't end up in a museum somewhere it's probably going to be given an overhaul and used for a second tier VIP.

POTUS' limo is never reused for security reason. They are either displayed in a Presidential library or destroyed. Even when on display, the library staff cant access the interior without Secret Service clearance.

+1, what was wrong with GWB's limo?

what a waste of money.... we already *had* a fucking limo that was cut out for the job...

It's 8 years old and cars don't last forever. For those of you guys who don't get it - this car costs $450,000 US. That's practically nothing when it comes to the US budget.

If there are 138,000,000 taxpayers in the US, we're talking less than a penny per taxpayer for this vehicle, closer to 1/3 of a penny each.

So the cost is nearly nothing. There are missiles that cost more, and those are things that we plan on blowing up.

I do wonder about how these are used though. I know they always have a 2nd or 3rd one around for backup purposes when in Washington, but do they put one of them on a C130 or something and take it to places before he gets there to drive him around when he's visiting other areas?

wow thats pretty nice haha, and i guess 60mph is pretty good for a car that heavy! and as other people said , there will always be a flaw in the car just like the ice berg and titanic, but does looks pretty beastly!

I am surprised there is all this outrage for a POTUS limo but no riots for 8 trillion pualson is dishing out to his incompetent friends.

It's 8 years old and cars don't last forever. For those of you guys who don't get it - this car costs $450,000 US. That's practically nothing when it comes to the US budget.

If there are 138,000,000 taxpayers in the US, we're talking less than a penny per taxpayer for this vehicle, closer to 1/3 of a penny each.

So the cost is nearly nothing. There are missiles that cost more, and those are things that we plan on blowing up.

I do wonder about how these are used though. I know they always have a 2nd or 3rd one around for backup purposes when in Washington, but do they put one of them on a C130 or something and take it to places before he gets there to drive him around when he's visiting other areas?

QFT,

The giant TV screen here costs more than that car, thanks taxpayers!

what they didn't show is the built in KFC chicken dispenser

or the grape drank on tap!

i think the fact that some are bitching about the cost stems from the fact that congress decided to buttrape us with a "BAILOUT" that 98% of America REJECTED OUTRIGHT and DID NOT WANT...we wanted the pain to occur NOW...NOT in 6m-1y when every one of these companies falls right on their faces yet again...all this package (and the auto "bailout")are doing is prolonging the inevitable and making things more drug out and painful for the american people...I almost hope i never have kids because i would not want to leave them with this mess in their laps

Doubt those figures are all accurate

Find it weird that the car only have shotguns

I am surprised there is all this outrage for a POTUS limo but no riots for 8 trillion pualson is dishing out to his incompetent friends.

Dude, no kidding, couldn't have said it better myself...

Also, can you guys imagine Obama crawling out of the flaming wreckage of the Obamamobile and unloading his shotgun on incoming terrorists?

Or aliens?

Rad.

Also, can you guys imagine Obama crawling out of the flaming wreckage of the Obamamobile and unloading his shotgun on incoming terrorists?

Or aliens?

Rad.

lol Independence Day w/ Will Smith must have come on again...

lol, 0-60 in 15 seconds, max speed of 60 mph. seems like a pretty good getaway car if something bad were to happen.

RE: the # of cars

I have no clue how many they have but when the prez travels I understand it's with a *C-5 GALAXY* full of sh*t, including caddy-1. Plus whatever is on air force 1, of course. Ihave NO problem w/ dropping that much $$ on keeping the president safe. As noted above, it's practically "nothing" in the grand scheme of things, anyways.

The $$$ spent on missiles/bombs being dropped like Halloween candy is another matter. . .

Or aliens?

Rad.

Would it be a model he wants banned? If so, that would be sort of hypocritical.

That motor has 365hp and 660 lb.-ft. of torque, I highly doubt it is limited to 60mph. :( There has to be something wrong (or this article invented the number...it's not like Cadillac is handing out exact specs).

A standard quad cab truck weighs more than this thing and has the same engine in it...

I have a feeling this article is a whole lot of "guesstimating" on specs and such.

I think you fail to understand how heavy a 5 inch plate of steel really is (the one that runs under the entire body of the car). That's not even mentioning the 8 inch doors. Steel is fuckin heavy stuff.

QFT. If you assume the steel plate is 17 feet long (the car is 18 feet), and, say, 5 feet wide, the STEEL PLATE ALONE is well over 17,000 lbs. Plus all the other armor, frame, and engine.
A typical quad-cab appears to weigh ~9,000 lbs.

I'd say 60 mph is a respectable top speed, and I am quite impressed that they can get that heavy of a vehicle to top speed in 16 seconds, or whatever it was.

Man I wish I could be rolling in one of these things. It's a driving tank.

QFT. If you assume the steel plate is 17 feet long (the car is 18 feet), and, say, 5 feet wide, the STEEL PLATE ALONE is well over 17,000 lbs. Plus all the other armor, frame, and engine.
A typical quad-cab appears to weigh ~9,000 lbs.

I'd say 60 mph is a respectable top speed, and I am quite impressed that they can get that heavy of a vehicle to top speed in 16 seconds, or whatever it was.

Never heard of the Armored S-Class I take it?

After seeing what the Secret Service trucks while stationed at Wright-Patterson for the Dayton Peace Accords, I have absolutely no doubt there is A LOT of missprint (intentional mind you). The most obvious one is the "defense accessories". There is far more than that. Hell, I saw AT4's, 4 M4 on a rack in the middle seating area, and 2 MP5's in the front (one on either side), not to mention the armor, and comm. equipment that monster had.

Exactly what I was thinking. Shotguns are being phased out even from general law enforcment. At least here in AZ.

Or aliens?

Rad.

Snap!

60 miles per hour?

- Come on, Ned! Move this thing!
- I can't! It's a Geo!

Nope, and that is pretty impressive.

However, seeing how the S600 "only" has 3085 extra lbs of armor, etc, on it, I'll stand by my analysis of the Obamamobile, which must have a total weight of over, what, 22,000 lbs? :eek:

Steel Plate is about 13 pounds for one foot square of 1/4" plate. That would put the slab underneath around 17500lbs. Uncluding 8" thick doors, probobly not solid about a thousand pounds each, chassis, thick glass, engine and all of the other cool stuff we dont know about could easily be pushing 30,000 pounds.

An averege Freightliner Semi ways 35000 pounds.....so pretty much its a compact semi.

The 0-60 doesnt surprise me, but 60mph....yeah right.

Maybe there are some small rockets in the back for a quick take off....like on the Blue Angels C-130 with the JATO system (Jet Assisted Take Off)

he wants everything but single shot banned...

also, anything with the capability to mount a scope or any sort of magnifying optical device is now a "Sniper Rifle" to him and his cronies...

to recap

no pistols, no revolvers, no semi-autos of any kind, no shotguns, no rifles, no scopes, no "sniper rifles", no CCW, 500% tax on all ammo and all remaining firearms....

yeah...way to go...

Or aliens?

Rad.

Not hypocritical at all. BO just wants the serfs disarmed not himself. Perfectly natural thinking for an elitist commie.

Back