A moment of silence, please...

TheAcorn

Gawd
So, after doing almost 2 years at 2.3-2.5ghz, my AthlonXP 2400-M IQYHA has finally died. Anyone else experience sudden CPU death from a XP-mobile?

I remember awhile ago, somewhere, I told someone that overclocking your CPU won't eventually kill it, at least quickly. But, when voiding warranties anything can happen?

So, if anyone bothers to read this whining (Written on a 1.7 P4 willy... I keep it around for the novelty of RDRAM :D ) and has an opinion on the MSI NF3 Neo2-F paired with a A64 3000+ Venice, let me know, because I think that's my cheapest way into a new(er) platform, but keeping my 9800pro, etc. Board/CPU is going to be $220 or so. Any detractors?

top of the line video cards are not agp anymore. get a pic-e nf4 mobo and you will have more upgrade options.

DO NOT GET A PCI-E MOTHERBOARD!!!

Whew... anyways, you have a great video card. The 9800 is no push over, you do not need to waste your money on a NF4 board. I have a 5900 XT-OC - not as good as your video card, and I get 94 fps in Half-Life 2 time demo.

Not worth the extra 300 bucks to get to PCI-E.

I have the 3000+ and a gigabyte board (waits for crying from eclipse ;) ), works fine for me. Gonna upgrade to an X2 on M2 and a PCI-E video card in 2006.

My 2500-M is at the one year mark @ 2.5ghz, still seems to be going strong. How did yours go out by the way?

just a qucik commnet on the ati radeon 9800pro, i have it, and i think it is great, but this year the new games are just too demanding and it cannot handle the new titles well, i tried FEAR demo on my machine and it was just too slow and chopy .....

My 2500-M is at the one year mark @ 2.5ghz, still seems to be going strong. How did yours go out by the way? It just stopped working one day?

We are gathered here today to witness the final journey of one of our long time friends. He always gave more than he was asked too, never doing just what we had been made to do. Constantly pushing himself, going well well above the call of duty, we bid him Godspeed.

(I had a Duron 600 @ 1000Mhz that was about 4 years old finally die a few months back, I was sad)

I miss my mobile :(

<----crying....the good ol days.

Well, mines never died, but I sold them when the A64 craze began.

Back