A nice surprise at my local Fry's

newster

Gawd
I have been holding out on getting an 8800 GT until the prices were close to MSRP. I decided to hit up my local Fry's for fun this morning and there was one of these babies on the shelf:
SL271231.jpg

Reduced price brand new overclocked version with a free game! I think that is getting close to reasonable. There was only 1 though. Going to install it right now!

It was returned but was still shrink wrapped. Maybe I am mistaken but as long as the warranty is good I am keeping it.

It was returned but was still shrink wrapped. Maybe I am mistaken but as long as the warranty is good I am keeping it.

Shrink wrapping can be done in like 5 seconds in the back. But hey, if it doesn't work take it back and they can rewrap it again and sell it to another sucker!

xfx double lifetime warranty should put aside all issues regarding the card. that is...if you check the registration page, and you're not #2...good luck!

nice find. i definitely would have picked it up...returned product or not. got nothing to lose trying it out.

ugh lucky you, I bet if it was broken, you could ship it back to xfx, and they would send you a new one faster than i'll get my first one from dell :(

you have to keep in mind that Fry's customers probably tried to add it to his Dell with a 250 watt power supply and no PCI-E connector. cards probably fine

Update: Card is working fine and registration went smoothly. In the process of finding a stable OC right now. I hope all you guys in the market for one are even luckier than I.

im never buying returned items at frys again.. lol..

my friend bought a open item coolermaster psu cuz it was cheap, and we took it home and threw it into his system and it was defective, did not work.. so we took it back, (of course the guy grabs a psu tester and trys it and it passes) and he reboxed it and put another open item sticker on it and it goes back into the cycle for some other poor chump to buy it.. we took the store credit and bought a Antec earthpower psu instead..

That's where Newegg comes to play :cool:

Now lets hope teleportation is coming in the near future:p

Back