A PC iMac?

adri1456

Gawd
I had an idea, to turn a SFF computer with an LCD monitor, and mount the monitor on the case, to make it like an iMac:
0227_imac_b.jpg

The bottom would be the computer, and the monitor can be hooked up to a swivel stick to let it go up and down.

Is that a good idea? (I don't have any money, so I can't make it a reality, but someone stole another idea I had [about having a LCD on the side of a computer])

For the iMac G4, shape would likely be a problem. That soccerball-cut-in-half design is unlikely to hold a mainboard unless it's been sawed in pieces and the traces soldered together.

Better candidates would be the eMac, with its 17" CRT, or the new iMac G5, where you could use an LCD and a MiniITX mainboard or notebook mainboard with onboard video/lan/sound.

i think he is talking about putting a monitor ontop of an SFF, not gutting an imac

adri1456 said:
Is that a good idea? (I don't have any money, so I can't make it a reality, but someone stole another idea I had [about having a LCD on the side of a computer])

Sure that seems to be a usefull idea...

I wouldnt say someone else stole the idea unless they told you so... Putting an LCD on the side of a computer is not necessarily a unique idea. It is something that is likely to happen when the situation proves practical.

interesting idea... hmmm... could be done if the upside-down cereal bowl was big enough.

vapb400 said:
i think he is talking about putting a monitor ontop of an SFF, not gutting an imac
Yeah, I meant that.

I just posted the pic so that you guys know what kind of Mac I'm talking about.

Back