Camera: Nikon D90
Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture: f/2.2
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 1600
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: On, Return detected

SB600 camera left through 16" Softbox | SB900 on camera to ceiling

just was messing around outside for a little in the garage. Then got to hot actually 90and sunny here in ny for once.

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

IS that with the new 500D/T1i? The shots don't look too impressive quality-wise - a bit dull. :/

IS that with the new 500D/T1i? The shots don't look too impressive quality-wise - a bit dull. :/
Yea it is. I was just messing around seeing how close i can take pics of my brothers bike. Didnt really mess around with settings or anything as im still learning.

Supercharged Ecotec -- Cobalt SS?
Yeah, pretty quick car

Headshot testshots with my wife.
3826834057_7560cd97e7_o.jpg

and our friend
3827152827_f18f8dc704_b.jpg

Nikon D50
50mm
f/2.5
1/3200
ISO200

3827153357_273fb348cb_b.jpg

Nikon D50
50mm
f/2.5
1/3200
ISO200

3827969506_4103b15541_b.jpg

Nikon D50
50mm
f/1.4
1/3200
ISO200

Last edited:
Yea it is. I was just messing around seeing how close i can take pics of my brothers bike. Didnt really mess around with settings or anything as im still learning.

I see. Is it your first DSRL?

" CMOS Sensor, Fast recycle time, no shutter lag, Very good viewfinder, excellent picture quality with Nikkor lenses, fast focus, very good auto exposure system. Did I mention CMOS sensor? This camera has a good feel to it, well balanced, a tad light(a camera wit a hefty feel is a lot easier to hold steady than a light one). Very good exposure bracketing set up. The high ISO setting tolerance is easy to live with, noise doesn't show up till about 800. Very good viewfinder info, without being intrusive. Has contacts for all the late model film camera lenses as well as the latest DX lenses. This camera replaces a D50, which was an excellent camera, and I have thousands of pictures of our National Parks to prove it,(My wife also has a D50) using several Nikkor lenses. The D90 is definitely a better camera especially with the new CMOS sensor, which has an advantage over the CCD with bleeding, and color treatment along with the other obvious traits. In short, a great camera.
Cons: Extra Blings like video mode, anyone who would buy this type of camera for movies, has more money than sense. Live view?....go back to a point and shoot.
Other Thoughts: If anybody doesn't know the difference between CMOS and CCD, they need to do a lot of reading before they take any pictures."

ben chi(f4) - is that not your review by any chance?

only a few from today's air show. unfortunately mid way through the show it got canceled due to weather conditions :(

airshow1r.jpg

airshow2.jpg

airshow4.jpg

airshow7.jpg

I see. Is it your first DSRL?

" CMOS Sensor, Fast recycle time, no shutter lag, Very good viewfinder, excellent picture quality with Nikkor lenses, fast focus, very good auto exposure system. Did I mention CMOS sensor? This camera has a good feel to it, well balanced, a tad light(a camera wit a hefty feel is a lot easier to hold steady than a light one). Very good exposure bracketing set up. The high ISO setting tolerance is easy to live with, noise doesn't show up till about 800. Very good viewfinder info, without being intrusive. Has contacts for all the late model film camera lenses as well as the latest DX lenses. This camera replaces a D50, which was an excellent camera, and I have thousands of pictures of our National Parks to prove it,(My wife also has a D50) using several Nikkor lenses. The D90 is definitely a better camera especially with the new CMOS sensor, which has an advantage over the CCD with bleeding, and color treatment along with the other obvious traits. In short, a great camera.
Cons: Extra Blings like video mode, anyone who would buy this type of camera for movies, has more money than sense. Live view?....go back to a point and shoot.
Other Thoughts: If anybody doesn't know the difference between CMOS and CCD, they need to do a lot of reading before they take any pictures."

What in the world is the point of posting someones review about the D90 from Newegg. Is it to start a flame war between Nikon and Canon?

Ermm... what do you mean by review?
A Nikon D90 review from Newegg, main reasons being that you posted some shots with a D50 and a D90, the review mentions a D50 and a D90. I thought, why not ask.
What in the world is the point of posting someones review about the D90 from Newegg. Is it to start a flame war between Nikon and Canon?

Errrrrmm, lay off the trolling forums. I mean personally, I don't really see how that could start a "flame war". And reason being, to ask BC(F4) whether it was his or not.

Oh, I get it now. No, that's not my review. I use those two cameras. I just started to pay for my D700. I should have it in about two months.

Um.. what would you categorize me as...
I'm a network engineer that has a side business as a photographer...
Semi-pro? I hate to use the word pro as a title since I'm HARDLY a pro.

I've been into photography for a little over a year and have a lot to learn.

That's it? I crunched the numbers for what I'd legitimately need to go full time (equipment costs only), and this is what I arrived at:

5D Mark II (and use the current Mark I as a spare body): $2700
70-200mm f/2.8 IS: $1800
16-35mm Mark II f/2.8: $1500
2 extra flashes: $600
Nice tripod: $300
Cybersyncs: $300 (at least)

Total: $7100

That's not even including lighting.

That's it? I crunched the numbers for what I'd legitimately need to go full time (equipment costs only), and this is what I arrived at:

... er, don't mean to intrude too much, but why did you say that the D700 is what the 5D MkII should have been? What's up? just curious.

... er, don't mean to intrude too much, but why did you say that the D700 is what the 5D MkII should have been? What's up? just curious.

The AF blows the MkII's away. Canon didn't upgrade the AF at all between versions, which is a huge negative. I personally don't give a crap about 1080p video in my DSLR.

The AF blows the MkII's away. Canon didn't upgrade the AF at all between versions, which is a huge negative. I personally don't give a crap about 1080p video in my DSLR.

I see. I do not know too much about AF. In what way is it ibetter though? Faster, more consistent and more accurate?

I see. I do not know too much about AF. In what way is it ibetter though? Faster, more consistent and more accurate?

All of the above. The 5D has a solid AF on the center point, but it's really sketchy on the end points. Sketchy enough to not trust them...and on a camera that costs so much, that's pretty bad.

$300 for a nice tripod? what's your definition of "nice"? :p

also, what about umbrellas, flash stands, reflectors, flash clamps, CLP's, 85 /1.2, 35 /1.4 and 24 /1.4? your estimate is about $13k shy ;)

^hence the fast primes ;) i hate shooting with strobes, unless i really have to.

You don't need all that crap. Natural light is your friend!

Not when the pix has got to be perfect (which when being a pro it has to be.) Even Semi-Pro weddings you still NEED!! all that gear. Some weddings I've been to have little studio portrait setup in a corner and that needs lights. Even a lot of outdoor beach shots use flash (if a shadow falls the wrong way what are you going to do tell the sun to move a little to the left?). So what he listed is a good beginners rig.

Back