A Picture I Took 2014 - Contains NSFW Images

These orange mushrooms caught my eye as I biked through the woods.
2014_0609_woods_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

A few random ones from shoots over the last couple of weeks...

IMG_5626_zps458032d2.jpg

IMG_5676bw_zps60a3efec.jpg

I also learned that glitter paint is a bad, bad idea. It's on everything I own...my studio, my camera, my car, my face...and I need to repaint my walls. You can't mop a brick wall. I tried.

IMG_6858_zpsd42f78e5.jpg

IMG_6843_zps9289e98e.jpg

Yep..even after a shower she's still covered in glitter. The rocks on the dam are now shiny too.

IMG_7019_zpsdc0a3127.jpg

IMG_7186_zps091304f0.jpg

IMG_7279_zpscfb3da7c.jpg

Wow, that is a ton of lights! I'm getting to that point with strobes. Having backups for everything is great...but storing everything is a pain.

A few random ones from shoots over the last couple of weeks...

I also learned that glitter paint is a bad, bad idea. It's on everything I own...my studio, my camera, my car, my face...and I need to repaint my walls. You can't mop a brick wall. I tried.

Yep..even after a shower she's still covered in glitter. The rocks on the dam are now shiny too.

A friend of mine told me about a coworker he knew that was going through some rough times with his girlfriend. I think he cheated on her or something... Anyways, she decided to get back at him, so she opened his dresser drawers and FILLED them with glitter!! Oh man, that stuff has some staying power!! It does not come out no matter what you try. He basically had to buy all new clothes...

*** Awesome shots BTW!!!! ***

A friend of mine told me about a coworker he knew that was going through some rough times with his girlfriend. I think he cheated on her or something... Anyways, she decided to get back at him, so she opened his dresser drawers and FILLED them with glitter!! Oh man, that stuff has some staying power!! It does not come out no matter what you try. He basically had to buy all new clothes...

*** Awesome shots BTW!!!! ***

Thanks! I'd post some of the glitter shots, but even with the NSFW tag on the thread title, they probably shouldn't be posted here. :)

^^^Lucky board!!!

Yeah! She wasn't shy!

I got to test out a couple new toys during that shoot. A 4x6' Larson softbox and a new 18" ring light. The ring light was kinda fun, but I'm in love with that softbox!

Haunted Hamburger - Jerome, AZ
1.jpg

Canyon Lake, AZ
2.jpg

Saguaro Lake, AZ
3.jpg

Oak Creek, AZ
4.jpg

Salt River - Mesa, AZ
5.jpg

Thanks for the set! I miss that place so much! Beautiful pictures as always!

Ha, I'm not jelly at all :p

Ty! My trip was simply restricted to Banff/Jasper, with the highlight being a 28km kayak trip to spirit island and back (which disintegrated my body, btw). I do remember going through your adventure, it was quite extensive if I recall. You did see FAR more wildlife than I did. Landscape photography isn't something that I'm used to. It is definitely a little tougher than cityscapes. But that's probably due to my lack of experience with it. There were certainly many shots I simply botched.

More

Valley by Empty Quarter, on Flickr

Riverdale by Empty Quarter, on Flickr

Moraine by Empty Quarter, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back