A question to dual monitor users

How are your screens setup?

• Total voters

Andrew_e1

[H]ard|Gawd
Ive been working with dual monitors for a few years now, however I recently upgraded to dual 25 inch screens and I think that's about as big as I ever want to go.

Thing is, I've always worked with the primary screen being directly in front of me and the secondary on the side (see pic). But now I've arranged them so they are both exactly infront of me (option 2).

Thing is while I sort of like how this looks aesthetically, my neck is starting to hurt pretty bad since im looking most of the time at the primary screen.

My question is, how do you guys work? do you have any recommendations for positions and stuff?

I've not seen a lot of documentation regarding correct ergonomic position on multi monitor setups.

Cheers

Yeah I tried the split view thing before and I ended up hurting my neck. So I changed to having the primary monitor directly in front of me and all the satallite monitors placed around that one.

These days I just use a 30" LCD primarily. Since getting that I don't often use additional monitors.

Primary display is right infront of me as in option 1. Other display is to the left of that and angled appropriately. Sometimes I run the 2nd in portrait mode.

Would drive me crazy to have the divide directly in the middle of my field of view.

Well guess im going back to option one...seriously, ive gotten arm, shoulder and neck pain... sigh

wish i could afford a new desk lol

Most similar to 1. Primary directly in front and then secondary angled towards.

I play video games on one, and everything else on the other. So option 1 has the best center of focus.

Back