A reason *NOT* to invest in AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ThomasE66 said:
No need to flame people. You may not have noted the smiley, meaning humor. Please grow up and have a nice day :)

Sorry if I took your post wrong, but it was clearly a flame towards me - regardless of smilies.

Now you did it again by poking a "Please grow up." You need to expect to get flamed when you do stuff like that.

Roguer said:
crippling your current near-top-of-the-line P4 setup for an economy A64 setup would be rediculous. Don't do it.

This is assuming you currently have what you say you have, which is unlikely in light of some of your posts.

My Sig has EXACTLY what I have now. Why would I state differently?

ThomasE66 said:
Video editing, and just about anything that benefits from multiple threads.

I bet it wont against the FX55. Infact right here on the [H] Forum it's been proven in another thread that there is nothing in video editing (the FX55) it doesnt tie the Pentium in, that it flat out beats it. Not just gaming, and yes even in things where you would think that Intels HT would win the FX55 tied or beat it. Sorry. and that even includes the EE versions of the pentium as well. :D

I have the chance to get the following:

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum (non-SLI)
AMD FX53
ATI X800XL 256MB

Is this a worthy upgrade to what I have now?

the cpu is better but the video card is worse.
so.. it won't really be worth it if you do hardcore gaming.

Burner27 said:
I have the chance to get the following:

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum (non-SLI)
AMD FX53
ATI X800XL 256MB

Is this a worthy upgrade to what I have now?

I'm not sure it's worth upgrading given the specs in your sig. Yes, it's a screaming fast system, especially for gaming. It's a faster system than what you have, but unless you either are getting really, really good deal or you have lots of money to burn, I don't think it's enough of a jump to warrant an upgrade.

ThomasE66 said:
I'm not sure it's worth upgrading given the specs in your sig. Yes, it's a screaming fast system, especially for gaming. It's a faster system than what you have, but unless you either are getting really, really good deal or you have lots of money to burn, I don't think it's enough of a jump to warrant an upgrade.

Motherboard I got from a fellow [H] member in a trade. It's brand new in the box.
CPU I can get for my video card + $125
Video card I can get a better one if I sell my CPU + Mobo

What do you think?

Burner27 said:
Motherboard I got from a fellow [H] member in a trade. It's brand new in the box.

What do you think?

I think you need to stop posting for attention and just shut the fuck up.

Burner27 said:

What do you think?

It's definitely an upgrade. Only you can really say if it's worth it. Given what you've told me, I might go for it. Then again I don't sell old machines and parts usually. I keep them or donate them.

Burner27 said:
Hello,

If you look at my sig you'll see my current rig (hey that rhymes!!)

I am thinking about going to an AMD rig as I feel that the stuff I have now (mobo + Proc + Video card) is getting a little long in the the tooth (that means old) and I would like to see what AMD has to offer. My last AMD system was an Athlon XP 2600 and an NF2 mobo. Never gave me any problems. I wanted to see what Intel had to offer and now I want to see what AMD has to offer.

Considering what I have now, which I primarily use for gaming and video encoding, I was thinking of selling my video card, mobo and processor and getting the following:

DFI LanParty Ultra D or Asus A8N SLI Motherboard
AMD 3500+
nVidia GeForce 6800 256MB PCIe Video card

I must say that my main concerns are RELIABILITY and STABILITY. I do not plan on OCing at all. My current rig has been rock steady from day one which is what I would like to get from AMD. IS this possible? Is the NF4 chipset mature enough like my current i875p board?

Thanks for your input and advice.

Your joking right ?

Your system is still top notch. Mine is similar and I have no intention on replacing it anytime soon...although I am building a new Athlon shuttle box.

FunkStar said:
I think you need to stop posting for attention and just shut the fuck up.

I am not "posting for attention", asshat! I have a legitimate question regarding an AMD setup and I ask those people who can give me their honest opinions on this topic, unlike yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back