A Review of the NZXT Kraken G10 with a Kranken X40 is online. Looks amazing

The big downside in most of these closed loop units is that it will be almost impossible to say mount 1 for a CPU, one for a GPU and another GPU, there is no room in a case for all those.

The big downside in most of these closed loop units is that it will be almost impossible to say mount 1 for a CPU, one for a GPU and another GPU, there is no room in a case for all those.

Yes and no. It really depends on the case you are wanting to use.

When I was going to go SLI I did a mockup and had no problem fitting an additional Antec 620 in my Corsair 550D.

There are other users running two Dwood brackets with two Antec 620's for SLI with an additional AIO CPU cooler without any issues.

So it really depends on the case.

Yes and no. It really depends on the case you are wanting to use.

When I was going to go SLI I did a mockup and had no problem fitting an additional Antec 620 in my Corsair 550D.

There are other users running two Dwood brackets with two Antec 620's for SLI with an additional AIO CPU cooler without any issues.

So it really depends on the case.
Yes and no, again. Most people will not get a new case to put one of these in, might as well build a complete WC kit at that point. You can ghetto rig 2+ of these, but again they will be ghetto rigged, not to mention the fact that this Kraken unit is huge. I dont think its SLI or CF compatible due its size and design.

I just put this G10 bracket with a Corsair H55 on my EVGA SC ACX GTX 780.

32C idle temp. But this puppy hits a MAXIMUM temp of 51C running 3dmark for half an hour.

All in my tiny Fractal Design Node 304 case (Yes it fits!)
I had to mount the block with the tubes facing DOWNWARD in order to loop them to the exhaust of my 304 chassis.

Running 3dmark Firestrike at EXTREME for 30 minutes looped. I was getting around 73C with the ACX cooler.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply....and the big pics.

28k4kux.jpg

s43y8p.jpg

The NZXT bracket fits WITHIN the chassis (just, only by 1 or 2 mm).

Having installed the Arctic Cooling Hybrid and the NZXT, I'd say they are both fiddly processes.

But the Hybrid's plastic shroud made contact with the chassis cover and pushed the graphics card inward.

EDIT* I've learned a lot from this particular build (i7 4770k oc'd on a an ROG Impact VI with EVGA SC ACX 780)
Next time I'll go STOCK on everything for mini-itx. Stock blower on stock graphics on a non-overclockable CPU with a motherboard with less bling factor.

I'm happy with my build...but I could have saved a good 25 to 30% on cost and much more on time.

Last edited:
@khan613: What a tight fit, how did you manage to squeeze everything into that case:eek:?

This is pretty cool. I'm starting to think an H90/Noctua setup with this would be amazing.

@David-Duc, it was actually an easy build. It got easier as I removed surplus cabling.

@Blank I've tried the H90. One of the tanks on the radiator actually makes contact with some video cards so be careful. The 140mm rad also wouldn't fit my Noctua 140mm fan

I cut/removed surplus PSU cabling and (don't try this at home kids) shortened and created a special cable for my SSD's....something like this cable from ebay only with a much shorter gap between drives. In fact, you could actually buy this cable, and shorten that if you were not up to cutting your PSU cables.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/201012471351?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I also used two dual 2.5" drive mount brackets and attached both to a corresponding side of one of my included white Fractal drive bracket.
(you can see I only have one bracket in my case to save on room...but I have 4 hard drives in total)

I arranged the drives so all sata power was on one side facing the same direction, making my custom sata power cable possible.
It also helped with easy cabling for sata data cables.

I'll take some detailed photos tonight if anybody is interested.

Even without a slot for an optical drive... the Node 304 has been my favorite SSF case for high end gaming builds.

Last edited:
Back