A single stage build

gclg2000

Gawd
Ok time to start another extreme CPU cooler build.

This will be the work log for a new single stage phase cooler i will be building for someone from this board. I've finally found a place to get suction line hoses made from all stainless teel and great quality. The 2nd gen blocks i've designed will be a little less smaller than what some of you may have seen in my 2-stage cascade build and evaporator block threads.

Parts i plan on using:
Matsushita Compressor. but i do have this Danfoss compressor, but the person i'm making this for want's to transform it into a cascade one day, and i think the Matsushita would be a much better choice since it has a higher capacity and would be GREAT for a 1st stage compressor of a cascade.

I will be using this for a suction hose. I've just found a GREAT source for these hoses. They are perfect and very flexable and will eliminate alot of crazy vibration on the evap block.

This 6-row condensor in combination with the 120mm all aluminum cast 110v fan ffrom Radioshack will be the liquid cooler.

And a top quality filter / dryer w/ shrader port will be awesome. And very handy point of the system to charge with and measure the high side pressure.

I have all of these parts in stock except the condensor which is in the mail to me right now. So hopefully i will actually begin this work log very soon with some updates and progress pics. Hope anyone that follows this work log enjoys it. Please feel free to make any comments to add to the thread.

Update: (due for one)

I've gotten pretty much everything in except for the chilly1 evap block. I did make the platform. *Notice the round routed edges* and its drying with the first coat of black spray paint right now. The new pipe bender i have is pretty nice but only goes up to 90 degree bends...but no biggie. I don't like how the pieces of pipe came out, so imma rebend them slightly or just remake the tubes. Still have to add the drier to the loop along with the cap tube and chilly block. The chilly block should be here tommorow. The condensor pictured is just a "beat up" one i have used for size and orientation, and will be replaced with a non bent up one (identical part #). Picking up a new small tank of Nitrogen on Wednsday and the regulator and a new manifold hose, along w/ a tank of R404. This one is pretty nice, its coming together nicely.

Pics below.

1_G.sized.jpg

2_G.sized.jpg

3_G.sized.jpg

looks great!
What temps do you think it could get in the end?
Do you have any links on where to learn about chillers such?

Not sure. Prob around -47 C or so unloaded w/ just R404. You can blend Propane w/ R404 but i'm not going to . This is for someone on this board, and i'm not sending a flamable gas. Plus you don't wanna overwork the compressor. I want this unit to last for the dude...lol

here is a link to a chiller thread i did a while back.

And here is a link to xtremesystems chiller section.

Got the evap block i'll be using pictured below along with the mounting pieces. This can be mounted to an ATI or Nvidia card (the newer ones).

HPIM0159.thumb.jpg

HPIM0152.jpg

HPIM0154.sized.jpg

HPIM0155.jpg

Back