a

• Thread starter Deleted member 104402
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 104402

a

Last edited by a moderator:
well...You could help stimulate the economy by purchasing it. Think of the children.

The controller not only has rumble, but is heavier and if you have bigger hands like me, it feels nicer and stronger, whereas the sixaxis controller is light and I think I am going to break it everytime I use it, because I squeeze the controller at times during anxious and/or parts of games that require alot of concentration if you understand what I mean.

Just from holding a SIXAXIS I wanted a heavier/DS3 controller. It was way too light and felt fragile compared to the 360 controller. The Dualshock 2 controller had a good feel to it even if it was a little too small for my hands.

I guess I'll find out on Thursday when I get the MGS4 bundle if the DS3 feels better.

The DS3 is not more durable than the Sixaxis, nor is the 360 controller more sturdy than either of those two (they're all about the same).

Just look at the old consoles. The Xbox1 was by far the biggest and heaviest, yet was more fragile than the Gamecube, which was so light it was barely heavier than couple original Xbox1 controllers.

If you were to hold a piece of titanium in one hand and a piece of lead in the other, both of equal size, guess which would be stronger. Guess which would be heavier. I guess we should make stuff out of lead over titantium since it feels nicer.

I have a sixaxis and a ds3 -- I like the weight of the ds3 better than the sixaxis which, to me, makes it feel more natural. I've also noticed a slight difference in the sticks... my sixaxis rubs and you can clearly see the plastic wearing down but I've yet to see this on my ds3. It might be an isolated issue and isn't really noticeable beyond the visual aspect.

The rumble is nice too.

I just picked up a DS3 today.

It makes all of my old games feel better.
you can really feel evey explosion in GTA4 and every gun shot when you pull the trigger.
GT5P I love the rumble under high acceleration, when the tires screech, and when I go off the pavement.

the added weight is just what I wanted as well. Feels 100% better then my Six-Axis controller.

The DS3 is not more durable than the Sixaxis, nor is the 360 controller more sturdy than either of those two (they're all about the same).

Just look at the old consoles. The Xbox1 was by far the biggest and heaviest, yet was more fragile than the Gamecube, which was so light it was barely heavier than couple original Xbox1 controllers.

If you were to hold a piece of titanium in one hand and a piece of lead in the other, both of equal size, guess which would be stronger. Guess which would be heavier. I guess we should make stuff out of lead over titantium since it feels nicer.

I wasn't saying because it was heavier it was better quality. I haven't held a DS3 yet actually. When I held the SIXAXIS I could easily make the plastic deform and creak by putting little pressure on the contoller. I could not do that with Gamecube, Xbox S Controller, or Xbox 360 controllers. It might just be a Playstation controller thing though.

I don't see why you would think after the ps2 controllers you'd think sony doesn't know how to make a durable controller. I couldn't count the times I dropped my ps2 controllers. On hard floors too. I would wager the same result on the sixaxis controller.

The DS3 feels a lot sturdier with the 2 rumble motors in each handle. That creak drove me nuts when i played with the sixaxis all the time. The sixaxis wont have that many problems when you drop it.. itll just float down slowly to the floor :p . DS3 is highly recommended though.. i turn off rumble, but the feeling of the controller itself is worth the price of admission alone.

I don't see why you would think after the ps2 controllers you'd think sony doesn't know how to make a durable controller. I couldn't count the times I dropped my ps2 controllers. On hard floors too. I would wager the same result on the sixaxis controller.

did you take an oath to defend sony to your dying breath?

I own both (one of each). The Dual Shock 3 is definitely the better controller of the two, but I don't think it's worth running out to replace your SIXAXIS with.

Depends if you like the rumble feature and think it's worth the $55 for a new controller. I've always found rumble to be an annoying nuisance, especially when aiming, so I'll keep my sixaxis until it decides to stop working.But I've heard that for the DS3 Sony corrected some of the Bluetooth issues that the sixaxis has, so thats something to consider.

Depends if you like the rumble feature and think it's worth the $55 for a new controller. I've always found rumble to be an annoying nuisance, especially when aiming, so I'll keep my sixaxis until it decides to stop working.But I've heard that for the DS3 Sony corrected some of the Bluetooth issues that the sixaxis has, so thats something to consider.

Actually now that you mention it, I did have a few problems where my sixaxis was on but my PS3 wasn't, or the other way around -- I'm guessing the bluetooth wasn't synched or something. Might be coincidence but no problems with the DS3 so far.

did you take an oath to defend sony to your dying breath?

lol. I've just used their products.

The one guy was stating he felt the controller would crumble in his hands. I was merely countering.

i have another question on DS3: do all the games that support DS3 have the rumble on automatically or do you need to toggle it on/off?

Automatic support. As long as your PS3 has necessary system update [happened many moons ago, so you're likely fine].

Back