a

• Thread starter Deleted member 104402
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 104402

an?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I wouldn't do much that could contain personal info without SSL, and keep the machine protected.

Fine. I run good antivirus (NOD32), have all windows updates, have my XP firewall enabled, either doing regular web stuff like forums, or......VPN'd into work so I can RD into my desktop at the office...so the VPN keeps my important stuff safe.

Hopefully so. Their were some proff of concept programs out there that could actually hijack a VPN over wireless, but Im guessing most packages have been updated to help prevent that.

most of the time when I'm on public wifi i'm on aim and surfing forums, nothing secrect or anything. I'm more worried about people getting physical access to my box. And I don't worry that much about viri/hacks, as i'm on osx (I know i'm not totally imune)

I dont do anything that could reveal sensitive information...even signing onto AIM or other IM services. I just do browsing, check my email (which is secure), etc. If I need to do sensitive stuff, I VPN into work and piggyback through their connection.

Boscoh said:
I dont do anything that could reveal sensitive information...even signing onto AIM or other IM services. I just do browsing, check my email (which is secure), etc. If I need to do sensitive stuff, I VPN into work and piggyback through their connection.

setup tiny proxy at home and tunnel your traffic over 22 =). That also eliminated websense at work.

Back