A7V8X-X Cooling Solution

v1p3r-386-

Limp Gawd
Well I finally have the time and $ to get around to ocin'g a axp 2000+ tbred I have in my 2nd comp. IIRC it's multi unlocked. It's running on an Asus a7v8x-x w/ 512mb or kingston pc2700 value ram. Anyways, I was looking into ZALMAN CNPS7000A-AlCu for it, but according to zalman's website it's not compatible w/ the motherboard or any of the other models like it :( Anyways, I was wondering what you guys reccomend. Btw, I am hoping to hit 2ghz or so (1.67 default). Price is not really an issue, noise isn't either just the best solution compatible with the motherboard. Thanks in advance guys!

Wtf lol why won't any1 reply? Anyways it doesn't list compatibilty of the ZALMAN CNPS3100-Plus so I'm assuming it's compatible with most mobos. So, does anyone have this, or can suggest anything better? I doubt anyone will reply, noone seems to want to :(

my neighbor has the alcu heatsink, and the A7N8X (not X, the middle one w/ dual channel memory) anyway, I installed it and it works.

XtuRmN8r said:
my neighbor has the alcu heatsink, and the A7N8X (not X, the middle one w/ dual channel memory) anyway, I installed it and it works.
Do you mean the ZALMAN CNPS7000A-AlCu? Cause that's not compatible with my board , or are you talking about the ZALMAN CNPS3100-Plus? If you are talking about the cnps3100 how well does it cool? Thanks for the help.

the 'sink of which I speak is indeed the CNPS7000A-AlCu. I installed it. it cools the CPU on the A7N8X without issues. Again, this ain't the A7N8X-x , it's the middle model w/ dual channel memory capabilities. I don't see any reason from the picture, however, that one couldn't mount it on the A7N8X-x. it has the holes, and I recall the capacitors not touching the CNPS7000A-AlCu.. I hope this helps.
link to mobo on the egg (w/ pictars!)

oh yeah, if you need to know what temps my neighbor is getting: they are ~ 30 deg. C, w/ Athlon xp 1800. :)

v1p3r-386- said:
It's running on an Asus a7v8x-x w/ 512mb or kingston pc2700 value ram.

sorry, just pointing out that one of you made a mistake...

no, he just said a7N8X-X, not the a7VX like you said...sorry, just wanted to make sure if u knew that

nice catch. I wish motherboard names were more specific. it reminds me of the Drew Carey jokes.. yes, I'll take a SXBJ69-XL TV.

lol, yeah...see, this is why i'm gonna be a good journalist...i notice damn stupid stuff like that :p

Jima13 said:
I put the 7000A Cu-Ultra on a A7V880/xp3200 .....np
That doesn't really help. Do you think I could mod it to fit even though it say's it's incompatible? Anyone made one of those fit on a board it's "incompatible" with before?

v1p3r-386- said:
That doesn't really help. Do you think I could mod it to fit even though it say's it's incompatible? Anyone made one of those fit on a board it's "incompatible" with before?

I think the caps (close to the socket) on your board are to tall....probably be best to look at a different model HSF. One like this maybe> http://svc.com/mcheatforamd.html

good luck :)

holy hell that heasink...my god!

that thing is a monster...but those little fins don't look as good as some of the high-end ones...but if that's what ur looking for, by all means!

Heh, I am seriously considering just buying a new mobo. That cheap shuttle nf2 one on newegg that's like $52. I could pick that up and a CNPS7000A-AlCu. Not only would I be able to use that fan, it would have better oc'ing options as well. And that new fangled dual channel ram. Or I could just use that beast Jima13 linked to with a fan on a fan controller on it. Decisions decisions...... Either way I have to wait till Friday to order so I have some time to decide...

Jima13 said:
I think the caps (close to the socket) on your board are to tall....probably be best to look at a different model HSF. One like this maybe> http://svc.com/mcheatforamd.html

good luck :)
Decided I don't want to spend all that $$ on a new motherboard. Got any reccomendations on a good 80mm fan? Noise doesn't really matter, as long as it' s not as loud as a tornado!

Back