A8N-E Ultra memory compatibility

Chris Lakies

Limp Gawd
Looking at getting either of these:

Corsair

OR

OCZ

I'm looking at running this at 1T command.

My Gskill will only do 2T on this board. It would run 1T on my CFX3200 DFI.

those g.skill uses samsung UCCC chips on a BP pcb.. same as both the corsair and ocz you linked to. chances are they would run at 2T as well. just live with the 1-2% performance hit, as i promise you won't notice unless you want to do some serious benching, at which point you wouldn't have gotten an asus anyway :D

Well i know that if i can run 250mhz (1T) that i get 1000meg/sec more bandwidth than running 208mhz (1T).

I currently get 5100meg/sec at 208mhz

If i run 250mhz i know i can get 6200ish.

It makes me angry when stuff doesn't run the speed it should.

(cf)Eclipse said:
those g.skill uses samsung UCCC chips on a BP pcb.. same as both the corsair and ocz you linked to. chances are they would run at 2T as well. just live with the 1-2% performance hit, as i promise you won't notice unless you want to do some serious benching, at which point you wouldn't have gotten an asus anyway :D

Trying to get to 250 at 1t, if you don't think it matters which one i choose should i get somthing like this so i know i can run 200 or a tad more at 1T and the lowest timings possible?

Corsair

i guess i'll reiterate :p
i promise you won't notice unless you want to do some serious benching, at which point you wouldn't have gotten an asus anyway :D

stick with what you have. 250mhz at 2T is better than 200mhz at 1T, assuming 200mhz at 1T works. have you tried it with the ram you have now?

(cf)Eclipse said:
i guess i'll reiterate :p
i promise you won't notice unless you want to do some serious benching, at which point you wouldn't have gotten an asus anyway :D

stick with what you have. 250mhz at 2T is better than 200mhz at 1T, assuming 200mhz at 1T works. have you tried it with the ram you have now?

If you look at my sig..............i'm running at 333mhz in the bios which is about 208mhz and 3-3-3-5 (1T). This set-up is about 1000 meg/sec faster in memory bandwidth than running...........250mhz 3-4-4-8 (2T).

I've tried it and tested.

I know if i run at 250mhz at 1T it will be about 1000 meg/sec faster than 208mhz 1T.

in just sheer bandwidth tests, there is indeed a difference. is there a difference in everyday activities though? :D

and sorry for missing the fact that you're at 208mhz, 1T... i don't read good :( :p

Back