A8N-SLI 1005.003 Beta BIOS Broken

Ariel

n00b
Just a warning.. the 1005.003 beta BIOS on Asus's web site is seriously messed up... with 1005.003 installed, if I have any nVidia driver installed, the computer doesn't get past the loading windows splash screen ... remove the nVidia driver (in safe mode) and it boots... install a driver, won't boot Windows. No error messages either. If I revert to 1004 I don't have this problem.

Ariel said:
Just a warning.. the 1005.003 beta BIOS on Asus's web site is seriously messed up... with 1005.003 installed, if I have any nVidia driver installed, the computer doesn't get past the loading windows splash screen ... remove the nVidia driver (in safe mode) and it boots... install a driver, won't boot Windows. No error messages either. If I revert to 1004 I don't have this problem.

Probably unrelated, especially since this happened on my MSI board, but do you have an empty USB based card reader either plugged into a USB port or plugged into an internal USB header?

Reason I ask is that with my MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum SLI, it would lock up literally every other time right before the splash screen if I had my 7 in 1 combo card reader/floppy installed. Unplugged it, and fine. I then bought an external Compact Flash reader (only card I needed), and tried it with no card in it, same lockup. USB thumb drives it likes, and card readers with the cards in it are fine, but it will lock up if I reboot with an empty card reader plugged into a USB port or header.

Anyway, just wondering if ASUS with that beta accidently put that bug into the beta trying to fix or tweak something else. My combo card reader/floppy worked fine with my MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum, and the ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe I had briefly before switching to my current board, so I assume that's not the problem, not if a different card reader does the same.

same here, no problems with them for me either. In fact i just installed the new forceware 75.90 beta drivers on top of the beta bios. Works great

Running 1005-003 on my system and it hasn't caught fire yet (although I'm sure someone will make a joke about the chipset fan). As far as maxtor ncq drives, I have a Diamondmax 10, and it hasn't dropped my drive *yet*. I'll post again if it does, though I don't shutdown my machine and kill power to the psu often.

Well I wonder why I have a problem on my system? I tried with all USB devices unplugged and the problem persists... I've tried multiple versions of the nVidia drivers and if I have any nVidia driver installed and the 1005.003 BIOS installed, Windows refuses to start (no error message) ... If I revert back to 1004 or any prior BIOS, I don't have the problem....

Yeah. I tried uninstalling the nVidia drivers first (ran Drivercleaner in safe mode too) then I updated the BIOS... same problem. Pretty weird... I hope the release 1005 doesn't do this!

Tried the 1005.003 beta and had major problems. Board would not recongnize that SLI was enabled. Switch bios back to 1004 and no problem. Switch back to 1005.003= problem.. Seems as if each bios they put out has it's problems. I don't think they will get it together for this board. It still doesn't oc worth a diddley. Just another lame Asus AMD board.

1006 release version seems to be working fine for me... I never did figure out why the 1005 wouldn't work though.

Well, I'm pretty sure I can say 1007.02 is fine with the Maxtor drives. Heading in on 7 days with this bios and it has yet to drop a drive.

Back