A8N-SLI Deluxe BIOS problems & OC

Top Nurse

Supreme [H]ardness
I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe with a Winchester core AMD 3500+ and 1 Gb of Corsair XMS Pro memory (512 x 2).

Lately it seems when I make changes in the BIOS to change everything to manual to OC it goes back to odd parameters when I reboot and go into the BIOS. Like I set the FSB to 230 with a multiplier of 11 and when it boots it says the FSB is 216! :confused:

I even tried setting the HT to 3 or 4 with the same problem. I definitely don't have a cooling problem here as I'm on water.

Hmm, I have same board but it dont do that to me, have you tried resetting the cmos just incase its a glitch their ? I would reset cmos and then try again just to rule out possibility that its a quirk and its needing reset, because I did have many problems similar to yours but not the same where the bios would change shit but this was awhile back and I cleared the cmos and everything seems to have settled down.

Just to add, that if the bios thinks your OC is fuked up then when you reboot it will change or should change the clocks back to stock, so maybe its that whats causing the problem, but instead of going back to stock its just down clocking a little touch, if so I would still reset cmos and see wtf that does.

Also what bios are you using ? I use 1016 but their is a newer one than what I use.

Cool n Quiet disabled and I installed the latest beta bios, reformatted the drive, and reinstalled windows. Now all seems fine.

I think the problem is that with the 16 BIOS you have to have the 6.65 drivers installed before you load the BIOS. If you have that BIOS in then it's impossible to have it installed when you load up windows.

However, what are the good settings on the HT, PEG Link, and memory settings?

Here are the setting I am using on my A8N-SLI Premium board.
HT-Times 4
Memory setting are in my Sig. I am running the Max Memclock [MHz]at 333 MHz and the voltage is set to 2.95 volts
My Peg Link is set to Disable. From what I read this is just another way to overclock the video card and it does not do a good job at it.[ It said it works better on ATI cards than on Nvidia cards] I use RivaTuner to overclock my video cards.

Back