A8N-SLI D'Lux or Neo4 Plat

lt_wentoncha

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a bind; both boards are rated highly with HardOCP reviewers, and I can't decide which on to get. One part is OC'ability for the future, but most important is that I get stability with a DiamondMax 10 drive (again, with OC in the future). I already have an Audigy 2ZS, so that onboard sound doesn't differentiate the Neo4 much.

Also, anyone know if both boards or one or the other support a 20pin ATX PSU?

Thanks again for reading and replying.

I went with the a8n sli deluxe, love it to death, absolutely rock stable. I have a 24 pin psu tho. But you can get 20 to 24 pin converters that will do the job for you. As far as them dropping your ncq drives, i have 2 raptors and it doesn't drop them, and i believe with the new bios release, people were reporting the issue was fixed

I too like my A8N-SLI Deluxe, been running stable since December w/o problems. From what I have read it isn't as good an overclocker as the others but that may be due to a sacrifice in extra stability.

At this point I would wait for the A8N-SLI Premium and pair it up w/a Venice core A64/AFX.

BTW: Don't skimp on a PSU, get a 24-pin and from a name brand company.

Does anyone have the vanilla DFI SLI-D? I'm thinking about that one too.

Thanks for the input so far.

I HATED my A8N-SLI DLX, and got the MSI NEO4 PLAT SLI, and can OC without issues.....

My A8N-SLI was a dud, it came out of the box unable to post. I RMAed it and baught the DFI SLI-D instead. I'm still waiting for the RMA to come back a month later but I'm not sure if that is a problem with Asus or the shop I baught it from.

Asus has allways provided me with top quality , ultra stable products. I will not buy anything else.

I like the Neo4. Better features, better OC-ability. Mine works fine with the DiamondMax10 drive. Haven't had any problems with stability. If you're going to go ASUS, I'd wait for the premium.

If you want serious overclockability, the A8N-SLI Deluxe is not for you. DM10's run fine with newer bios revisions. My other gripe is the chipset fan, very high pitched (and I've heard of failures).
I don't own an MSI so I can't give a comparison, but if you want to overclock cpu and ram, stay away from the Deluxe (=

The DFI is for the serious OC:ers... My vote is for the DFI. Also DO NOT skimp on the PSU... I think that only DFI have the ATX 2.01 PSU as a requisit but that doesnt matter all the other mfg:s have stability issues when using underpowered (or 20-pin) PSUs as well.

So Id go for a OCZ, PCP&C or Fortron at 500W+ with 2 good 12V rail.

Look here to see what I mean...

I have the A8N-SLI DLX, Overall it is fine. I have had problems but from what I have read all the NForce4's have the issues I have had. One review also said it was the most stable off all the NForce4 boards in the review. Between the ASUS and MSI the ASUS is the better overclocker, feature wise I guess it depends on what you want they both have a lot of features. The DFI SLI board is the overall fastest overclocker and best looking board. :) If you look at the highest scores in 3DMark05 the top five as of yesterday were three for ASUS SLI and two for DFI SLI. The DFI is the best overclocker though so if you want to overclock DFI wins not that the ASUS is a bad overclocker. ASUS does also give the most room between SLI cards and has 3 PCI and 2 X1 PCI-E so it is the most expandable.

wishbringer15 said:
Between the ASUS and MSI the ASUS is the better overclocker.

This is nonsense as you can tell from merely browsing the forum.

Back