AAA Nintendo title in April?

Well, Super Paper Mario is coming out April 9th. Could this be the one? (I can't read 1up at work)

Hey everyone loves some paper mario, but if this is considered an AAA title, its time i start thinking about selling my Wii.

Hey everyone loves some paper mario, but if this is considered an AAA title, its time i start thinking about selling my Wii.

Heheheh, good point. While I consider it a AAA title, even I have to admit that it's borderline at best.

I'm just excited to see a release date for something I want to play.

I think for its genre, Super Paper Mario is a AAA title. Although that does sound like a cop out...

Anyways, I'm playing through Paper Mario 2 for the first time, and I'm loving it. I'm definitely excited about getting to play SPM. :)

I think for its genre, Super Paper Mario is a AAA title. Although that does sound like a cop out...

Anyways, I'm playing through Paper Mario 2 for the first time, and I'm loving it. I'm definitely excited about getting to play SPM. :)

Warning, completely different game. SPM is more of a platformer, not an RPG like Thousand Year Door (the PM game I assume you're talking about).

Warning, completely different game. SPM is more of a platformer, not an RPG like Thousand Year Door (the PM game I assume you're talking about).

Thanks for the warning, although I do know this. I suppose my genre comment confused things a bit, but just on the general feel, style and mood of Thousand Year Door, I'm still excited.

Although I wonder how many fans of PM2 know about it... :confused:

Isn't this a GC port like TP?

Not quite like TP. There were no graphical enhancements for TP on the Wii, the only difference between it and the GC version was the controls and the ability to be displayed in widescreen, and the mirrored world of course. Super Paper Mario began life has a GC title, but it's been a Wii title for a while now, so they've had time to incorporate the new controls as well as touch up the graphics. How much we have no way of knowing as no new media has been released, but I'm sure it will look good, Paper Mario's style has always been unique and visually interesting.

For an rpg? There's probably 20 franchises that have sold more copies than the mario rpg games...

Also, I really dislike the art direction for this game. I'm all for cartoony, different looks, but just because its different doesn't mean it doesn't look like crap.

I dunno I wouldn't consider it a AAA title, yes definitely a A title, but beyond that it's not really one of nintendo's major francises, when I first saw the thread title I thought "Damn, Nintendo's FINALLY releasing Mario Galaxy's, Metroid 3, or Smash, but nope disappointment, although I might still pick up the game as I did immensely enjoy Paper Mario and Paper Mario 2 was only a little worse in that it was a bit to easy and that it seemed more of the same with a bit more silliness, I'm pretty sure I'll be waiting for feedback before I get it though.

And when a Spongebob Squarepants game for the PS2 gets AAA reviews, do you want to get rid of your PS2 ?

AAA does not mean that everyone will like the game. Its means its an excellent game for its target audience, for its demographic, for its genre.

AAA is just a rating of a game, nothing more nothing less. It says nothing about the console, nothing about other AAA titles, and nothing about the current and future line-up for a console.

And when a Spongebob Squarepants game for the PS2 gets AAA reviews, do you want to get rid of your PS2 ?

AAA does not mean that everyone will like the game. Its means its an excellent game for its target audience, for its demographic, for its genre.

AAA is just a rating of a game, nothing more nothing less. It says nothing about the console, nothing about other AAA titles, and nothing about the current and future line-up for a console.

AAA has to do with anticipation, build-up, and publicity also. Thats what the post you were responding to was commenting on.

Looks sick, still happy I have an xbox 360 and not a wii though. I could play that game on my super nintendo btw.

Back