Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh !!!!! [Gateway]

So the X800 XT card I ordered from freakin' Gateway has been delayed again. This is the 3rd time they've pushed it back. Has anyone received an XT from Gateway??? I'm beginning to think that they want me to cancel my order so they can sell it for the $499 retail price instead of the $390 I pre-ordered it at.

I'm extremely close to just ordering a 6800U. That way maybe I can have a next gen card by the time the next gen comes out.

We need Kyle to get to the bottom of this. Everytime I call Gateway I get the run around and am assured that as soon as they get them I'll get my card. I'm having my doubts to say the least.

Oh, and then there is the XT being discontinued thread thats so popular right now. That isn't giving me a very warm and fuzzy feeling either.

Kyle, help us dumbass Gateway customers get our cards. Or at least get us some info that isn't speculation.

I don't know of anyone who has gotten the Gateway deal. I do know of a few people who had there orders cancelled on them without authorization, and even one guy who had is order 'downgraded' to a Pro even though the price didn't change.

Gateway = poop.

Ordered from Gateway. Still got nothing.

Ordered from Dell. Said they were in stock. Then told by email they were on backorder. Canceled order.

Then I ebayed.

be patient?... wait?...

I ordered one in MAY. Ive never waited this long to recieve an item in my life. I'm guessing I'll end up in a class action lawsuit against them in the near future.

I refuse to cancel my order and buy new card...

They advertised a product. The product was marked at X price. They are not delivering product.

There are many MANY legal ramifications to be considered here.

orkan said:
I refuse to cancel my order and buy new card...

They advertised a product. The product was marked at X price. They are not delivering product.

There are many MANY legal ramifications to be considered here.

No, there isn't. It isn't false advertisement until your credit card is charged.

Gateway originally put a hold on the amount for the XT on my credit card. Recently it has been released. As soon as I noticed I called Gateway and was again assured that everything was ok. My odds of getting the card are not looking good. :(

orkan said:
any proof to back that statement up?...

ive done my research.

You're the one that's going to be filing a lawsuit. I think the burden of proof is on you, not the defendant.

As for my proof, try common sense, false advertisement cases revolve around a purchase. Just seeing something isn't going to cut the mustard. In other words you're not entitled to being bitchy about it until your bank account thins out some. And yes, a hold is not the same thing as actually charging the card.

is it me or does this sound like a paper launch?
i know people who ordered from like alienware and they have their XTs but not us the retail market, and they go theirs back in june, while some ordered cards in may. as i said before it stinks of being a paper launch.

The Batman said:
You're the one that's going to be filing a lawsuit. I think the burden of proof is on you, not the defendant.

As for my proof, try common sense, false advertisement cases revolve around a purchase. Just seeing something isn't going to cut the mustard. In other words you're not entitled to being bitchy about it until your bank account thins out some. And yes, a hold is not the same thing as actually charging the card.

I have already consulted with my lawyer, and he assures me there are precedents for this type of case. If you advertise a product on your website with X price, and I go through your ordering process and receive order confirmation... you are contract bound to provide said product, or better product in a timely fassion.

"timely" is the grey area... however with all the people pissing around and getting orders cancelled without their consent... I assure you that many many people will be happy to jump on a bandwagon with me.

orkan said:
I have already consulted with my lawyer, and he assures me there are precedents for this type of case. If you advertise a product on your website with X price, and I go through your ordering process and receive order confirmation... you are contract bound to provide said product, or better product in a timely fassion.

"timely" is the grey area... however with all the people pissing around and getting orders cancelled without their consent... I assure you that many many people will be happy to jump on a bandwagon with me.

Set up a website and get a patition going, if your really serious about it, your right one person can't do it all, but there could be alot of ramifications later that won't be so good for the entire gfx industry.

Umm so why call on Kyle to make them give you a card? Is he like a consumer advocate hired gun or something? If so I need his assistance with some matters as well :p

orkan said:

You better male sure that it isn't in their terms of purchase before you do anything. I don't know how many times I have ordered stuff because of a mistake on the websites pricing only to never receive it because it was legal in their terms of purchase. Sux I know but that is life.

Well i'm in the similar sitiation of looking at buying the 6800Ultra, beacause the x800xt might not be easily availiable before HL2...

ATI says the x800xtpe won't be out until October, and stores are saying late september.

The 6800 Ultra is in stock at these locations for those looking:

$599 evga 6800 Ultra IN STOCK
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=190362

$649 XFX 6800 Ultra IN STOCK
https://magnum-pc.securewebsiteserver.net/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=66&products_id=351

$688 Gainward 6800 Ultra GS IN STOCK
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=AA29380

$699 evga 6800 Ultra IN STOCK
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=322685

Oh man

So imagine if HL2 rolls out and the only "new" card ATI has out is the pro and the x600x? I would like to see the pro beat the GT or Ultra by 30%... right...

this whole launch for ATI seems screwed..

tranCendenZ said:
ATI says the x800xtpe won't be out until October, and stores are saying late september.

The 6800 Ultra is in stock at these locations for those looking:

$599 evga 6800 Ultra IN STOCK
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=190362

$649 XFX 6800 Ultra IN STOCK
https://magnum-pc.securewebsiteserver.net/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=66&products_id=351

$688 Gainward 6800 Ultra GS IN STOCK
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=AA29380

$699 evga 6800 Ultra IN STOCK
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=322685

Holy price gouge batman...

almost every company on the net has a legal disclaimer against that kind of stuff. You can't sue them. Just cancel your order and get it elsewhere.

but i love gateway, thanks to their price mistake i got a 4.2mp digital camera for 60 shipped, even though they said my order would be cancelled.

All I can say is everything happens for a reason. I ordered a PE way back in May from Gateway and gave up in early July.

I ordered an EVGA 6800 Gt and got it in 24hours and am dam sure happy I did. Now I eagerly await my step up to an Ultra (should be here by Friday). I suggest you do the same. The PE is a fabulous card from what I have head but by the time you actually obtain one, if ever at that price, it will be time for next Generation.

I ordered 3 separate X800XT's just to see which would get in first and put an order in for a BFG 6800 Ultra for $499 on Chumbo.com.

Guess which one arrived first a.k.a at all?

Glad I ordered a BFG 6800 Ultra. All 3 XT orders have since been cancelled.

Well crap. Just checked on the status of my order from Gateway and instead of giving me some unattainable date for delivery of my card, they have just put in 'no estimate'. Although this is probably a MUCH more realistic view for delivery of my card, I'm still without my much anticipated graphic card.

This shit is driving me nuts.

I'm gonna get on the phone right now and see wtf.

Oh my god, just cancel the damn order and place an order for a 6800GT, I mean seriously, you know what you sound like, like a fool who's looking to get some money out of something he shouldn't.

NonBiasedUser said:
Oh my god, just cancel the damn order and place an order for a 6800GT, I mean seriously, you know what you sound like, like a fool who's looking to get some money out of something he shouldn't.

No he sounds like a battered women who keeps saying "he will change , he will, he will"

jacuzz1 said:
No he sounds like a battered women who keeps saying "he will change , he will, he will"
Or a fatterd women who keeps wishing hydroxycut will work on her overlard ass.

Sideroxylon said:
Well crap. Just checked on the status of my order from Gateway and instead of giving me some unattainable date for delivery of my card, they have just put in 'no estimate'. Although this is probably a MUCH more realistic view for delivery of my card, I'm still without my much anticipated graphic card.

This shit is driving me nuts.

I'm gonna get on the phone right now and see wtf.

As just about everyone and their mom has told you, you're not going to be getting that card anytime soon. I was also one of the Gateway XT order holders, and I just gave up because it was ATI, not Gateway that dropped the ball. Now while Gateway can surely be blamed somewhat, it's really ATI's fault for not being able to push out the cards more effectively.

Anyway if you want to do something useful with your time instead of waiting around in a vain attempt for the Gateway deal to pull through, and you're still intent on going ATI, grab an X800 VIVO. If you're scared about the flash then track down the Gigabyte model which comes with 16 pipes by default. This is the closest most of us will ever get to an actual X800 XT PE. And if you've given up on ATI altogether then just go for the 6800 GT. The one thing you shouldn't be doing is putting all your eggs in the Gateway basket.

NonBiasedUser said:

I know I sound like a fool but I want the product I ordered at the price I ordered it at. I don't think that's asking too much. As for buying an Nvidia card, I probably would if the freakin' 6800Ultra wasn't going for $600-$700. Does that come with lube or do they just shove it up your ass dry? Those fuckers selling it for that are really taking advantage of this situation. That pisses me off even more.

Looks like I'm just gonna be pissed and frustrated for a while.

Just got off the phone with Gateway. They gave me an estimate of 9-9 for delivery. Good thing is is that they upgraded my shipping to overnight delivery to make up for taking so long.

Man, I feel a lot better.................... :rolleyes:

Sideroxylon said:
Just got off the phone with Gateway. They gave me an estimate of 9-9 for delivery. Good thing is is that they upgraded my shipping to overnight delivery to make up for taking so long.

Man, I feel a lot better.................... :rolleyes:
Know what, I hope you got that persons full NAME, not just first name, or employee I.D., because if that date passes by and you get shit, you can seriously seek legal action.

Their rating was 1.8 before the X800 fiasco, lol, now 0.8.

I still have my order, but I now have a 6800nu and playing D3 arleady.

I ordered my X800XT on 06/02 for a total of $434 after tax and overnight shipping.

My last date that was missed was the 7/27, they told my dad over the phone it would be 8/8, but when it upated online it was 8/22, and still that.

I really can't get angry at Gateway, it's not like they're not the only ones that have missed every ship date, every other company has too. Anyone get their cards from CDW yet, and they sounded like a sure bet too?

Besides the total confusion in the customer service of Gateway and some stupidity, the only thing they are really guilty of is giving the best price for the X800XT on the net.

TimothyB said:
Their rating was 1.8 before the X800 fiasco, lol, now 0.8.

I still have my order, but I now have a 6800nu and playing D3 arleady.

I ordered my X800XT on 06/02 for a total of $434 after tax and overnight shipping.

My last date that was missed was the 7/27, they told my dad over the phone it would be 8/8, but when it upated online it was 8/22, and still that.

I really can't get angry at Gateway, it's not like they're not the only ones that have missed every ship date, every other company has too. Anyone get their cards from CDW yet, and they sounded like a sure bet too?

Besides the total confusion in the customer service of Gateway and some stupidity, the only thing they are really guilty of is giving the best price for the X800XT on the net.

Jeez, you ordered your card 22 days before me and still haven't got it. I guess I shouldn't feel so bad. Regardless, still frustrating as hell.

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Ok, I'll stop bitching now.

Also, the 22days before you ordered, every customer service rep said it was instock on that 6/2 date, the website too. People triple checked and they were promised it was instock.

Of course, days later people were pissed when they found out it wasn't instock, I was too. Not sure, but did you know that since you ordered some time after when it probably only said backroder ?

That was the main problem with the gateway order foul up, not the delay after delay, but the fact they said it was instock and that it would ship in 2 days, then of course one delay after another didn't make people feel better. It was the moment everyone learned it was never instock and orders being cancelled without notice that really sparked the hate.

Your lucky you only ordred and met with delays and not during the first orders when a thread at rage3d reached 1000 posts within 3-4 days about the whole mess. The only 64+ page thread that I can say I read every word.

Back