AArgh Starcraft2 is here.. well almost

Mortuus

[H]ard|Gawd
Landed for all the distributors in sweden... hehe :eek:

zgveuwsldbrcoik219q03h4ntpj76f5y.jpg

yarwvtsiq76nf1edz9h5ol32jg0mb84p.jpg

ux5ta7ydjh3kcrlvqow28bnf04sgp619.jpg

That is just awesome, I can't wait for next week.
My wife ordered one for me for out anniversary from BB. It should come with a $5 gift card.
Can't wait...

If this was Diablo 3 then I would be all wet...............

If this was Diablo 3 then I would be all wet...............

And you're not even female.

I was all excited till I saw the preview - where a Marine gets suited up. that's it, the whole preview, getting suited up... and smoking a cigar, even as a space helmet is bolted on and the visor flips down, smoking a cigar. That's not badass, that's retarded. Even showing that as a credible scenario is retarded. Then the rockets on his backpack fired up... looked like a throttling jet engine... pretty cool... except that the exhausts, and thus the thrust, is from the top down.. the man will be rocketing around ass first.

And the game is single-player.

I was all set for nerdgasm and just got kissed by a transvestite with bad skin.

Thanks for failing to follow simple instructions written on the shipping box, conveniently in multiple languages...:p

I was all excited till I saw the preview - where a Marine gets suited up. that's it, the whole preview, getting suited up... and smoking a cigar, even as a space helmet is bolted on and the visor flips down, smoking a cigar. That's not badass, that's retarded. Even showing that as a credible scenario is retarded. Then the rockets on his backpack fired up... looked like a throttling jet engine... pretty cool... except that the exhausts, and thus the thrust, is from the top down.. the man will be rocketing around ass first.

Don't buy it then. Simple solution for you..... geez :rolleyes:

Lets see, you are now not going to get the game because the initial CGI teaser trailer had a guy smoking a cigar in a space suit and the exhausts on the suit point up a bit? Oh and you think the sequel to one of the biggest pc multiplayer games of all time is not going to have multiplayer? Or this was yet another attempt at internet sarcasm.

Thanks for failing to follow simple instructions written on the shipping box, conveniently in multiple languages...:p

It's missing the swedish, I believe that would go:

Bork bork bork bork 27 bork.

I only hope Blizzard doesn't screw this one up with a constant influx of updates that make it harder for us more casual gamers.

Lets see, you are now not going to get the game because the initial CGI teaser trailer had a guy smoking a cigar in a space suit and the exhausts on the suit point up a bit? Oh and you think the sequel to one of the biggest pc multiplayer games of all time is not going to have multiplayer? Or this was yet another attempt at internet sarcasm.

You have to admit, it was a pretty lame trailer :p

Stick with Halo or whatever the hell it is you play, because you clearly have no idea what Starcraft is.

Man I'm so torn on whether or not I should get the collector's edition.

I guess some people just don't get it. :confused:

Historically have Blizzard games been slow to drop pricewise? Everything else on PC is 10-20 bucks off within 2-3 weeks these days, think this will follow that trend?

I'm not going to have time to play it for a few weeks after release anyway, so I'd like to hope I'd be saving a few bucks by not rushing to buy. But as well as Blizz games move, I'm thinking I'm going to be stuck paying 60 bucks regardless :(.

Historically have Blizzard games been slow to drop pricewise? Everything else on PC is 10-20 bucks off within 2-3 weeks these days, think this will follow that trend?

I'm not going to have time to play it for a few weeks after release anyway, so I'd like to hope I'd be saving a few bucks by not rushing to buy. But as well as Blizz games move, I'm thinking I'm going to be stuck paying 60 bucks regardless :(.

Their games sell lots of copies for many years. I wouldn't count on a price drop for a long time.

I'm curious how well they will protect foreign copies though. I was able to replace missing keys for WC3:RoC and the Diablo 2 expansion real cheap. I would think they would protect a new big release.

One of the best posts on [H] ever IMO. Epic sir.

Then the rockets on his backpack fired up... looked like a throttling jet engine... pretty cool... except that the exhausts, and thus the thrust, is from the top down.. the man will be rocketing around ass first.

the idea for the jets pointing up is to keep the space marine planted on a surface in little to no gravity situations.

same idea in the movie Armageddon.

I'm curious, if someone were to get a hold of one of these games early, and installed it on their PC, would it even play? Is there some kind of authentication system?

Maybe a day early, but even if they were to get an early copy.They would need to bind the key to their Blizzard account and also pass the authentication servers for Starcraft 2 (regardless if they're playing single or multiplayer)

Last edited:
I'm curious, if someone were to get a hold of one of these games early, and installed it on their PC, would it even play? Is there some kind of authentication system?

No, they wouldn't be able to. Some guy actually got ahold of the collectors edition atleast a week and a half ago or so. A dialogue popped up that said something like "Hell, it's not yet time!" or something amusing.

No, they wouldn't be able to. Some guy actually got ahold of the collectors edition atleast a week and a half ago or so. A dialogue popped up that said something like "Hell, it's not yet time!" or something amusing.

LOL nice can you find the link?

So... I heard from my roommate that even if I pick up my copy at midnight I can't play it till the next morning when they put the auth servers up, is that true? (even for SP)...

Regardless, I think I'm going to prep some energy drinks, coffee, w/e else... and I'm not sleeping for 2 days straight next tuesday.

Their games sell lots of copies for many years. I wouldn't count on a price drop for a long time.

I'm curious how well they will protect foreign copies though. I was able to replace missing keys for WC3:RoC and the Diablo 2 expansion real cheap. I would think they would protect a new big release.

Unless they changed it, from what I understand multiplayer wise they are region locked. European keys can only play with other European players for instance. Australia is somewhat amusingly placed in Asia.

Unless they changed it, from what I understand multiplayer wise they are region locked. European keys can only play with other European players for instance. Australia is somewhat amusingly placed in Asia.

If it works the same way as the beta, then you can use any key in any region, but once you use it it's locked to that region.

So if you want to play in Korea and the US, or EU and US (like I want to), you can buy two copies locally, but activate one on your "local" battlenet, and one on the other regions battlenet.

That's just an assumption on my part though, I don't know for sure, the retail keys might be region locked from the out set, I ordered two copies so I guess I'll find out :p

I watched a fight between 2 supposedly quite good players on youtube the other night, it was a zerg vs zerg match, I can't say it was terribly interesting, they had a bit of fighting going on early game with small assaults to try and hurt each others economy, then they basically both rushed to unit cap, built an army and it was all over fairly quickly.

There's just something about starcraft I can't quite get excited about, I'm not sure if it's my lack of RTS skills nagging me that I'd get oblitorated online or what...is there any chance at all that a regular casual player could buy this and have a game without being oblitorated every time?

Casual player as in someone who doesn't know the specific game mechanics at all, and only has basic RTS experience. Or is it going to be like 6 months of solid losses and ass kickery until you're good enough to actually compete with the average starcraft player?

With the current matchmaking system, you won't have any trouble finding even matches. Bad players get paired with bad players.

Ah well that sounds good, did it work well in the beta?

Hmm..don't know whether to look into this or not, somoene sell it to me :)

Back