AArgh Starcraft2 is here.. well almost

A sound strategy on a forum - just don't talk about anything. :rolleyes:

I'm usually a man of few words. Rather than get into a long drawn out "discussion" of your post I kept it short and sweet. AND, btw the game has both Singleplayer and Multiplayer, just in case you bothered to look past the cinematic.

Ah well that sounds good, did it work well in the beta?

Hmm..don't know whether to look into this or not, somoene sell it to me :)

I'm not the best at RTS style games either but I'm determined to learn this game and at least become a decent player. I found matchmaking worked pretty good in the beta once you get past the placement matches.

I'm god awful at RTS because I like to micro my fighting units and I ignore my base.

It's still a ton of fun and I'll be going to get a copy at midnight despite my wife's protestation that I have to work the next morning :)

Ah well that sounds good, did it work well in the beta?

Hmm..don't know whether to look into this or not, somoene sell it to me :)

The way the system works now is more casual friendly. A lot of hardcore players don't like it at all. None of my friends are any good at Starcraft and each person is able to carve their own little place in their division whether it be copper or platinum. The person who played the most ladder out of all my friends was the worst player, but he was happy with it.

I'm probably alone in this but I really didn't like this just because it's basically starcraft 1.5

Updated engine, but the gameplay and mechanics are about the same, doesn't feel like a new game. And I understand the "if it's not broken, don't fix it!" argument, but I was hoping after waiting many years for this sequel that they would add in something that was an amazing idea like they did with WC3

so, I've never bought anything at release before.. It says the 27th, is that midnight? The night before basically, monday night?

Just wondering if I can pick it up after work on Tuesday or Wednesday..

so, I've never bought anything at release before.. It says the 27th, is that midnight? The night before basically, monday night?

Just wondering if I can pick it up after work on Tuesday or Wednesday..

After work on Tuesday. Wait, why are you working on Tuesday? :p

Picked up 10 collectors editions from work this morning with a staff discount it wasnt too bad. I'll keep them for a week or so and then punt them on ebay for mega bucks

I'm probably alone in this but I really didn't like this just because it's basically starcraft 1.5

Updated engine, but the gameplay and mechanics are about the same, doesn't feel like a new game. And I understand the "if it's not broken, don't fix it!" argument, but I was hoping after waiting many years for this sequel that they would add in something that was an amazing idea like they did with WC3

sure if your looking at it from a multiplayer veiw only, but what about the new single player story, and the games new map editor seems awsome. I dont play startcraft (or any rts) competitivly. I enjoy user made maps and games like TD, and the occasonal computer player beat down lol :D

I saw the pics of it on TL.net, but that was since taken down, though there's still a video of it up on Gamesradar:

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/starcr...a-20100706173545894080/g-20070518211627437097

LOL, that is fucking hilarious

SCIIInstallScrn--article_image.jpg

Eh, I'd say closer to StarCraft 1.8... They changed a good number of things: units, resource mechanics, tech trees, building add-ons... It's still StarCraft, but I still had to relearn a few things. The only thing that would've made it much more different imo would be a 4th race. But then there'd be arguments that it's becoming too much like WarCraft. If they changed it too much then people would say it isn't StarCraft anymore.

I think a lot of people don't understand all sides of "If it's not broken, don't fix it!" statements. Sometimes in trying to "fix" or "improve" things that aren't broken, you end up making it worse or destroying it. IMO they changed a lot and did a great job of still making it be StarCraft.

It's worthy of being a full-on sequel for me. I play SC2 nothing like SC1. With the addition of using the shift key for smart building, casting spells, etc., the gameplay dynamics changed drastically. This is just speaking strictly of the multiplayer aspect too.

Oh right cool, i thought I read people were picking it up tomorrow etc.

They might be, if stores break the street date, or deliveries arrive early, but they shouldn't be and they won't be able to play until midnight 26th->27th :p

So is it safe to say if you're a master at SC 1 you'll pretty much be one as soon as you start 2? And can we beat the Koreans???

I wish i could be excited about this game.. all of the gameplay vids i've seen look like a lot of fun.. but everytime i play, i just fucking suck and get owned, i don't have the patience to study and learn all of these crazy strategies... so oh well..

I wish i could be excited about this game.. all of the gameplay vids i've seen look like a lot of fun.. but everytime i play, i just fucking suck and get owned, i don't have the patience to study and learn all of these crazy strategies... so oh well..

You can play the campaign, which should be quite epic in and of itself. If 1v1 has been your focus, try 4v4, it's pretty fun and takes the stress off a bit.

You don't have to play a single ladder game to play Starcraft 2.

have you ever tried the custom maps? I have played starcraft 1 for years and never once played a competitive match online. All the different user made custom maps more than made the game worth it.

You can play the campaign, which should be quite epic in and of itself. If 1v1 has been your focus, try 4v4, it's pretty fun and takes the stress off a bit.

Do this. I got into WC3 ladder games by enjoying random team 3v3 or 4v4. The other team will also have weak players, so its a good place to start out. I moved on to 1v1 or arranged team games, but still liked returning to random team games for relaxed fun, plus you can pull off offbeat strats for fun.

$60...ouch. I'll wait till it goes on sale on Steam with the 2nd expansion.

Back