Abit AN8-32x Sli and G.Skill Ram

gurgle

Limp Gawd
Situation:

I got a new Abit MB. I wanted SLi so i upgraded from my MSI k8n neo 4.

Ram = G.SKill F1-3200PHU2-2GBns (2 sticks)
THis Ram worked flawlessly in my MSI board.

With the Ram in Dimm slot 4, its work perfect, no problems. Anytime I try and pair up my other stick in either the blue slots (1+2) or the purple slots (3+4) the board wont boot. It beeps are me and stops at the bios code C1.

If I put 1 stick in slots 1, 2 or 3, it does the same thing. I tried different RAM also.

I have been fooling with the bios all day, to no avail. Can somone help me?

THanks.

nope. any RAM in slots 1, 2 or 3 it doesnt boot. ill try to re-flash teh bios to an eariler version i guess.

2T. Its been running fine. I did memtest, ran some games, working fine. I would like to use dual channel though. could it be a bad MB?

this happen to me at one time and i worked on it all day like you but then i clear c-mos and it worked

The reason why i didnt clear c-mos all the time i was messing with the mobo was because it was in a very bad place but yours isnt.

Mine is under a sound card and a graphic card slot and that is bad architecture.

Also the ocz golds would not run at ddr500 which they were rated at ,so that had to be changed to ddr333 when i was overclocking them.

its getting RMA'd because the memory will not run at all in slots 1-3, even when I clear the CMOS.

FYI that boards has problems with that ram. I had to sell me ASUS and Buy a DFI to get that RAM to work. I went through 3 sets of ram before i got a new board.

yeah different boards respond to different ram. i like the gskill hz kit but it doesn't pair well with asus a8n boards.

yeah, from what I've seen, corsair and kingston are good choices for those boards.

weirdness:

I can run my G.skill in single channel mode. when i try and run in dual channel mode (slots 1+2 or 3+4) it doesnt boot. it just beeps at me.

Back