Abit AN832X + Zalman 7000 need help.

aarong50

n00b
I am building a new system and already have my Abit AN832X mobo installed. I just received my zalman 7000 today and I think I may have to remove the mobo to install zalmans back plate. The Zalman came with these taller and large nipples that the heatsink is supposed to screw into so I know the ones on the motherboard right now wont work. My question is this. Is it hard to remove this backplate? Do I need to heat it up? Anyone do something similar or can give me some advice I would appreciate it. I have never attempted to remove a backplate. I think the backplate is held on by the nipples that are currently on the mobo but I am not sure. If so how do you remove these?

Yea i had to go through the same thing on my asus a8n32...there was a steel backplate on my mobo and i had to pry it off(there was some sort of adhesive on it) I just used a blow dryer to heat it up a bit; then took a very small flat head to give me some leverage.( i wouldnt recommend that again; some something different) But yea you have to remove the motherboard to install the 7000. The black backplate zalman gives you is required.

Back