Abit IP35(non-pro) or Gigabyte P35 DS3R or Other ?

FalcX

Weaksauce
Im putting a new build together and am wondering what is the difference between the 2 boards?? I have heard alot of great things about the gigabyte but would like firewire for my camcorder transfers(or is there a better option). I also am looking at getting an Antec 900 and I have a TR 120 Extreme and wonder if anyone knows if either board makes the 120 clear the side input fan? I also have an HR-03 plus on my 8800 ultra which I would prefer to put in the top mount position instead of underneath.

Also on each of the corresponding home sites......... Abit says it supports 800 DDR2 and Giga 1066 DDR2............. will this make any difference with the ram I am using ??

I will be using most likely an E6850 or Q6600, my 8800 ultra, 2 x 2gig kits of Crucial Ballistix 8500 ddr2(have ram already) in it.

Its mostly a gaming rig with no intentions of sli so only 1 pci-e slot required.

OR is there another gigabyte option in their line that would be better ??

I have done alot of forum reading and appreciate any and all input.

Decisions, Decisions............

the standard IP35 has ICH9R RAID as well plus firewire which the DS3R lacks (the DS3P has both RAID & firewire).

As for the RAM support claimed - on DDR2 Intel don't claim support for anything above DDR2 800 with P35 so abit won't claim support for anything that Intel won't either (even though we all know that it will run it).

It is worth it to me to pay an extra sawbuck for the Abit Pro.
It has external CCMOS, HDMI header, and superb Abit fan EQ. Home theater and audio server is what is important to me so the Abit ability to control the fans and make a very quiet PC is something for which I have been waiting. Also it has debug LED and power and reset buttons on the corner of the board.
This is the board for which I have been waiting. The reviews on various websites have been overwhelmingly positive.

Back