Abit IP35-Pro CPU Voltage

firebane

Gawd
Alright so I just purchased this board due to all the praise it has received and picked up a Intel e8400 to put with it and when I fire up the machine and it tries to load Windows it BSODs.

Now this motherboard is running bios 16.b04 which is supposed to support the 45nm' better but the other thing I notice and making me wonder if either the bios is broken or the board has issues is that when I try to change the cpu voltage it doesn't work.

I have to set the CPU voltage @ 1.41 to have the BIOS report 1.26 and now I know this isn't a sure fire way of knowing but I don't feel like testing the board or even if I can.

Just wondering what some of your thoughts are on this? I'm gonna downgrade the bios and see or hope that might make a difference.

Alright so I just purchased this board due to all the praise it has received and picked up a Intel e8400 to put with it and when I fire up the machine and it tries to load Windows it BSODs.
was this Windows installation loaded on this mobo or carried over from another board?

Its a pre-installed system.

It had a e6600 running on it then I swapped to the e8400..

I've never heard of a CPU swap causing BSODs.

Just an update on the situation...

I've back dated the bios, changed memory, and done a chkdsk and nothing seems to work. It appears I may in fact have to do a re-install which is odd :confused:.

While installing a test install of XP to a hard drive it came up and asked me the "Computer Type" like it didn't know what type of processor was inside!

I'll be using another copy of Windows to see if the same thing happens.

** Update **

Different windows installed works good no problems but it appears the IP35-Pro doesn't officially support the e8400 yet which could have been some issues as voltages and fan speed is not being read properly.

So until that gets fixed i probably won't be overclocking this baby yet.

fan speed reading should have nothing to do with the installed CPU being recognised

Back