abit NF-m2nView

Got mine today and fiddled with it and it took me damn near 5 hours and a hosed windows install to figure this board's OCing out.

Those of you used to BIostar's rock solid stableness and recovery be ready to throw the book out if you get this board. You have to OC it in baby steps, unlike my Biostar, where I could find my max OC within about 5 minutes. If you go too far, insert actually does work on this board.

I'm currently at 2.7 Ghz on my 3800x2(65w) using the 533 divider, putting me at DDR 667. This is an increase of 100Mhz over my OC with the Biostar AM2. I couuld probably go higher, but I don't want to push my voltage much higher than what I have now due to cooling. I'm running 1.38V.

Well, I too should have my X2 3800 (65w) and Nf-M2 here by next friday, So i'll let you know how my experience goes.

MC FLMJIG said:
Only neg on this board... CPU V... lowest it can go is 1.35 and mine overvolts a bit on all the voltages... my mem can go to 2.6 heh heh.

Use a program to set the volts lower such as 1.2vcore 1.1vcore. Easy as 2 cents of gold.

Just ordered this board along with a Windsor 3800X2 from the Egg. Anything special I need to know to clock with this board???

Ply

I just ordered this board along with 2 Gigs of DDR2 800 Ram, and an Athlon 64 X2 4600+. I'm very excited to see what happens.

On a side note, what are you guys doing about CPU cooling with this board?

Serge84 said:
This board is like a god. I HAVE this board. Got 3.06ghz 8.5x360 CPU max at 1.59v tryed at 1.7v to go higher, real rateing 1.75v, DDR2 1.2mhz 609fsb 2.25v rated from 2.2v. 5-5-5-13 Timings, 1500HTT 1.25v, no chipset voltages tried yet. It is benchable!!! I just need to get some better venilation into my case. The true Vcore max is 2.15v, and vDMM is 2.6v.

The parts are really high stress able. It was hard to get windows to fail. Each time was at the cpus max btw just 8.5x 1 higher then 360 and it would fail. Nice 4 phase power gives even a low rated powersupply great voltages, the 4phase power regulator on the board makes clean serious power even with a powersupply that is weak. The boards features are nice, I built this for a reason, to have the ultimate media center, that could oc like hell. And it serves both of these things very well. Nice raid, does low powered state great with C&Q programs. Lacks lower then 1.35vcore but has no problem with the settings in C&Q startup programs. Supports 100mhz x multiplier bootup into windows so no problem with the programs that allow it.

Very nice. Also is the features, on a OCing board is just unbelevable. HD audio 8CH great sound ports, 4 3gb sata Raids, 8USB, 2Firewire, Gig lan, good video even tho I use a X1800XT as well just testing the onboard nice for onboard, the board stayed 35C as I OCed it. VTT sensors on the board are nice to have, its hard to make those chips hot, where only 40C at this OC. Chipset doesn't get hot. Good caps, I'm not sure but they maybe japanese. They sure maxed out my cpu at high bus speeds. I couldn't try higher on the memory because of the cpus limit. But since its capable of 2.6v I could never know unless I put a FX-64 or a better OCing chip into this baby. And I am tempted to do so if I ever have the money. The highest bus speed I ever got on the board was 400 on lower x multipliers. My cpus top speed was ruled out as being 3.06ghz every time so I'm sure this board really has no limit.

The board is very stable. All worked perfectly. I'd give it a 5/5. Sure does have everything I wanted out of a board, got a nice tv tuner in it. Made it the perfect media gameing box. It can really support 16gb's of memory according to sandra. Guess we'll have to wait until they start making 4gb memory sticks to know for sure. lol Very bad ass board. This is the new king of OCing. Can't wait to try more. :D

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=132951

Tryed lower timings and lower voltage. Heres that I got.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=132953

Heres another.
HTF did you get that high? I have a 3800+ of the same stepping and I'm maxing out around 2.6, on a Blue Orb II which idles at default speed at 28C.

My overclocking result has been stellar with this motherboard!

Got a 3000 Sempron running at 2.72Ghz stable at the stock voltage.

Running some generic Crucial Rendition RAM with DDR2-400 divider.

finalgt said:
HTF did you get that high? I have a 3800+ of the same stepping and I'm maxing out around 2.6, on a Blue Orb II which idles at default speed at 28C.

Half multipliers, sweet settings spots in my cpu and other parts, skill, experience. Clockgen... I just know my parts very well. What are your volts? I dou't my chip is special because I bought it retail. Only it came from a W wafer so my chip might be cherry coated. I have a odd stepping Needs about 1.55v to reach 3ghz. Even 1.6v for some thats still fine 24/7 if the temps stay below 60C or case temp max is 70C I'd last a year or 2 on the volts depends on temps, or longer if its on a C&Q program or you have water cooling and people tend to use 1.7v on water lasts about the same. If you got the cooling, you might. I use 2 92mm fans on my cooler. You can up the chipset voltages to see if that helps. Maybe memory timings all make the difference. I just messed around with it long enough to get the max out of the cpu. My cpu maxes out at 3ghz no matter what voltage above 1.6v I tried upto 1.75v and couldn't get anymore from it.

Somebody got 3.2ghz from a single core so thats pretty good, for AM2 its amazing. They just don't OC like they use to tho (939 days). Most people max out at 3ghz with AM2. Hit some kind of wall. But some just OC very well.

ZDB4F 0613TPXW Are you sure you have this stepping? I never seen anything like it. I don't know what the Z or the T and X mean its just strange. But I know the X and W are from what wafer and on rare occasions you get a W for the wafer type. The 0613 is the week and year. D dual core, B 512kb, 4F memory controller, P I forgot what that ment. Z is sipose to be the manucatureing stage... wtf is Z... A is for engineering sample and C or P on the 1st letter is production. But Z... I couldn't tell you what kind of wafer X is.

I can't figure that stepping out. lol

So I got my board today, along with my X2 4600+ and 2Gigs of ram, and I must say, this board was amazing. First off, it's the coolest color scheme on a mobo. Second, the instructions are VERY thorough and explained so much more than my old ASUS board. I haven't tried overclocking yet, but the BIOS was so nice, once again, much nicer than my ASUS. When I overclock I will post back here..

:D

Can anyone else with this board tell me if they have problems with the onboard sound. My output works fine, but I cannot adjust volume on my mic using ABIT supplied drivers or even the latest drivers from VIA. The sliders for mic volume are frozen in the windows interface, and the sliders don't even exist in the Realtek interface. Thanks.

Nevermind, the controls are on the HD Audio Output, the HD Audio Input Panel is useless. Pretty stupid setup.

Well, my board just died. I'm back to my Biostar AM2. I'm going to leave the Abit unpowered for a day with the CMOS battery removed to make sure it fully clears and see if I can revive her. Does anyone who has this board have anything newer than the revision 1.0 that I have?

rei said:
Has anyone run this board with a SATA burner?

yes, works fine.

MassiveOverkill said:
Well, my board just died. I'm back to my Biostar AM2. I'm going to leave the Abit unpowered for a day with the CMOS battery removed to make sure it fully clears and see if I can revive her. Does anyone who has this board have anything newer than the revision 1.0 that I have?

Died? i dont believe that....

i DO have other BIOSes, but i need to ask abit if I can distribute them. is there only one bios version on the site? I have 2 or 3....

Sorry to hear it died.

One thing I would change about this board is the 5v LED (I believe) light turns red when recieving power. When I first gave it some juice the light turned on, and it was red so I freaked a bit but I realized that was normal.

Dillusion said:
y....i DO have other BIOSes, but i need to ask abit if I can distribute them. is there only one bios version on the site? I have 2 or 3....

Do you want me to get you their phone number?

:D

Dillusion said:
yes, works fine.

Died? i dont believe that....

i DO have other BIOSes, but i need to ask abit if I can distribute them. is there only one bios version on the site? I have 2 or 3....

No screen display either with my 7900GTO or onboard. I get the memory beep error. My memory is good since I'm using it in my Biostar. I didn't get a chance to work on it yesterday as I had to image my windows installation using my Biostar board as this is the second time I've had to actually format my hard drive with the Abit board. If my Biostar had firewire I would problaby just send the Abit back and live happily with the Biostar. At least with my Biostar I don't get data corruption, not once in all the failed OC attempts trying to find my CPUs max.

Like Polygon stated over at Rebel's Haven, this board is a BIOS revision away from being a really great board, but it's too damn finicky with it's first release.

Just got round to ordering this board, whats the best way to get my cpu to 3ghz and ram running at 1000 speeds ?
FX-62 and 2gb of GSkill DDR2 800

kezmo said:
Just got round to ordering this board, whats the best way to get my cpu to 3ghz and ram running at 1000 speeds ?
FX-62 and 2gb of GSkill DDR2 800

to overclock

Dillusion said:
to overclock

Wow thanks for that gem of info :rolleyes:

Was looking more for safe voltages for cpu, recommended fsb & multi speeds and divider info as i have very little knowledge of cpu/mem clocking... :)

kezmo said:
Wow thanks for that gem of info :rolleyes:

Was looking more for safe voltages for cpu, recommended fsb & multi speeds and divider info as i have very little knowledge of cpu/mem clocking... :)

And we cant help you with your little gems of info either ;) Needs full specs including what type of athlon it is, etc

Dillusion said:
And we cant help you with your little gems of info either ;) Needs full specs including what type of athlon it is, etc

As said above... fx-62, thought they'd only been made on the windsor ?
ram G.Skill 2GB DDR2 NR PC2-6400 (2x1GB) CAS5 Dual Channel Kit
specs in sig -.-

u need to know what type of core it is to determine a 200mhz o/c from stock :eek: ?

*edit*
NVM, board canceled , fx sold and conroe on the way :)

The guy that got the bad unit did a rma and got a good working unit so I would say it was just one of those unlucky breaks but in the end turned out well. Short story is; he got a bad unit at first but then RMAed it for a working unit.

killzone said:
any one try an AM2 opteron on this board yet

Okay, I just got this board today from newegg and with half an hour of tweaking my opteron 1210 is at 2.9Ghz. This board is great.

I'm not familiar with the Opty 1210. Whats its stock clock speed?

The 1210 is a dual core server chip, correct? I'm familiar with the Opty 165-180 chips. This chip take their place or something? Sorry for the noob question but I dont pay too much attention to server chips.

Skott said:
The 1210 is a dual core server chip, correct? I'm familiar with the Opty 165-180 chips. This chip take their place or something? Sorry for the noob question but I dont pay too much attention to server chips.

yes. and they arent so much 'server' as they are 'workstation' chips.

Skott said:
The 1210 is just like the 165 but for socket AM2.

tayunz said:
Yep. That's the same way I felt. With more tweaking I think I can hit 3Ghz.

You got the same score as mine. lol It only goes upto 5.9 btw. Over 5 is extreme.

probably a stupid question but can you use standard DRR in a DDR2 board? is it backwards compatible or do I need to buy yet more memory for this thing if I were to buy it?

Back