Abit NF7-S & Serial ATA RAID

TheAcorn

Gawd
Alright... I'm *finally* going to build a new rig, after much waiting.

Don't tell me to get an Athlon64. I wait to upgrade because my performance needs are, well... I don't really even *need* a faster machine than this.

That said - I'm planning on making a purchase of the Abit NF7-S, mostly for the SATA RAID implementation...

Now, 2x 36GB Raptors would be nice, but they won't fit in the budget with a GB of PC3200; a AXP-M 2500+, SLK900, new case, new fans, etc... What I'm wanting to know is...

Anyone having any trouble using SATA->IDE converters and the SATA RAID function? I'm planning on snagging a couple of 40GB Seagates for an 80GB RAID 0 boot drive.

Thank you in advance.

I don't have an answer for you, but I was just wondering, why don't you just get a single raptor, and another raptor later on down the line?

with the Iwill ide to sata converters ..I would keep loosing a drive in my raid0 array ..not a hitch with regular sata drives tho ..that was just my experienec anyways

2x80GB SE's on Serillel 2's here, worked just peachy for almost a year of 24/7 use. FYI, if you do go this route, you may need to totally REMOVE the CS/M/S jumpers from the drives for them to work.

Back