Abit-NF7-S V2.0 issues

Ok, im trying to reformatt my harddrive. Simple task, i know, multiple ways to do it, but all require one thing.. a working keyboard. Well, i just got a Saitek Eclipse keyboard, and it works fine. I have it plugged into the USB port on the back, booted up, checked it under windows, everything works fine. Now, i put in my Windows XP PRO CD, reboot, enter the bios, change the boot order, then reboot. I get to the point where it does the good old "Press any key to boot from CD" and i press a key... nothing. Hit ESC.. nothing.. Space.. nothing, enter, nothing.. every key all at once in frustration.. nothing, you get the idea... now, my question is.. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!! *breaks down crying* (lol, j/k.. small attempt at humor..) I tried flashing the BIOS.. then clearing the CMOS.. it didnt work. Im about to try it again, to see if i can do it.. but i cant just use an MS-Bootable floppy, because i cant use the keyboard in anything other than windows and in the BIOS. Ill get to the 'A:/' prompt.. but, i get no response out of the keyboard.. its plugged in, and receiving power, because its backlighting is on, but the keyboard doesnt register any keystrokes.. Nor does the old PS/2 keyboard i was using. Same deal, works to get into the BIOS and in windows.. wont work at DOS prompts, or 'Press any key to boot from CD' prompts. Tried the other Logitech USB keyboard.. same deal.. Anyone.. any help? Buy a new board.. or is there a trick that im missing?

Thanks for the help.

Odd issue for sure, as these NF7's are solid. If you have a conversion plug (usb-ps/2) for the new Saitek use it.

i was thinking it was the harddrive, because it doesnt work after the BIOS operations, but that doesnt explain why i cant boot from a CD or Floppy..

Back