Abnormally low write speed with OCZ Vertex 2?

EllisCEC

n00b
Hi,
I bought a 3.5" 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD Drive with the hope of beefing up my read/write speeds. I use it as my OS disc, with a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard and RAID controller. Having installed it, CrystalDiskMark shows the write speeds to be incredibly low. Does anyone know why? Here's the benchmark results:

And to prove I'm not crazy, I ran the same benchmark on my 2x 500GB WD 7200rpm discs to compare:

Regards

Last edited:
Check this post.. The size of your Vertex tells me your Vertex 2 is a bad batch made of 64GB size NAND die. OCZ will swap it for free cross-ship with 32BG size Nand that will give a bit more speed and 5 GB more size. It happened to me.

Thanks a lot for the link blurp, I have read through the thread and it is the exact problem I am having. I have created a 'trouble ticket' (?) with OCZ customer support. Since this is my system disc, it's going to be a total pain in the arse waiting for shipping, but at least OCZ is having the deceny to address the issue.

Regards

Thanks a lot for the link blurp, I have read through the thread and it is the exact problem I am having. I have created a 'trouble ticket' (?) with OCZ customer support. Since this is my system disc, it's going to be a total pain in the arse waiting for shipping, but at least OCZ is having the deceny to address the issue.

Regards

You need to read more about this and see if you still think they are decent. Yes they are addressing the problem but they only started the free return when they got caught shipping different low performing products with the same model # and no way to tell what you were getting until installed and were catching hell on forums all over the internet. See this discussion on this forum http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1586111&highlight=ocz+ssd

Last edited:

Regards

I suggest you register to OCZ forum, fill the system spec in your forum profile and leave a personal message to RyderOCZ, he will be quick to help you out in the beginning of the week.

You need to read more about this and see if you still think they are decent. Yes they are addressing the problem but they only started the free return when they got caught shipping different low performing products with the same model # and no way to tell what you were getting until installed and were catching hell on forums all over the internet. See this discussion on this forum http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1586111&highlight=ocz+ssd

Most people agree they blew it on january when they began to ship 115GB much slower 64GB NAND size SSDs instead of 120GB faster 32GB NAND size SSDs. At first they denied the issue and reduced its importance. They lost my confidence during the few weeks before they kind of acknowledge the issue and tried to settle it. The end result is now I got back a 120 GB SSD that is moderatly slower than the 34 nm original model bech around the web when it got on the market. I wasted so much time on such a trivial thing ...

Back