About the popular 28" Hanns monitors

potential

n00b
I don't get it... they don't come with dvi connections? I just one day shipped a monitor to my place, to find out it only has 1 HDMI & a VGA connection.

And what's the difference between the Hanns·G HH-281HPB and the Hanns·G HG-281DPB?

Because I apparently just bought the HG which only has 1 HDMI instead of 2, for 100 dollars more.

HDMI uses the same TDMS transmitters as DVI. It's just a different connector form factor. DVI cables can plug straight into with an adapter.

I did the grunt work for you, I took those model numbers, plugged them into google, and the first couple hits were newegg pages.

Hanns·G HH-281HPB Black 28" 3ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 400 cd/m2 DC 15000:1(800:1) Built in Speakers - Retail

Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 28" 3ms Widescreen LCD HDMI Monitor 500 cd/m2 800:1 Built-in Speakers - Retail

Google.com, great resource few people have heard of.

I did the grunt work for you, I took those model numbers, plugged them into google, and the first couple hits were newegg pages.

Hanns·G HH-281HPB Black 28" 3ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 400 cd/m2 DC 15000:1(800:1) Built in Speakers - Retail

Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 28" 3ms Widescreen LCD HDMI Monitor 500 cd/m2 800:1 Built-in Speakers - Retail

Google.com, great resource few people have heard of.

When I ask the question "I don't get it", I mean as in why are these very popular monitors with only 1 HDMI cable? Even if you use HDMI > DVI, where does that leave all of your other sources? I ask because this has multiple times been touted as a multimedia monitor.

Also, Google still hasn't answered my question about the differences between the monitors. Because on paper, the cheaper one looks better but as we all know, spec sheets don't tell the whole story.

Back