About time to upgrade. need advice pl0x ^_^

XeRo_Dark

Gawd
Previous system... which is dying possibly to power issues and well... its slow!

GA-M57SLI-S4, nForce 570SLI
AMD 64 X2 6000+
Corsair XMS 4gb dual channel
Ati-sapphire HD5770 1gb 40nm
Enermax EG565p-VE

So far ive got ...

CPU:
AMD FX 8350

RAM:
16gb or 32gb
thinking either
Crucial Ballistics Tactical Tracer 4GBx4 PC3 14900 (ddr3 1833)
or
CORSAIR Vengeance LP 8GBx4 DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

GPU:
R7870-2GD5T/OC Radeon HD7870 OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card
or
PowerColor AX7850 1GBD5-DH Radeon HD 7850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

I need advice on a Motherboard and also a Psu which will have enough power to power the system <3

Any particular reason why you're choosing the FX 8350?

Also, 8gb of RAM is more than enough for gaming purposes.

I have an 8350, it's a decent chip. In all honesty though, go with an intel. I went from a 3750k to this and its a noticeable decline in performance.

What is your budget and in which country do you live?

Which cooler are you going to install on the 8350? Are you going to overclock?

id never buy an intel. True, 8gb would serve todays gaming needs, yes.. but when i upgrade a computer i want to be able to play games for at least 5 years till i have to upgrade again im able to still run bf3 at relatively high settings with the computer im currently running but my psu is dying and my mobo is starting to have issues so its about time to upgrade.

fx 8350 is the only non server cpu which under native settings runs at 4ghz @32nm with 8 cores. plus its on sale at microcenter for $160 XD

There have been a few used sabertooth motherboards popping up on the for sale forum. It is a pretty solid choice. Asrock motherboards have been making a little noise lately. Any 990 board from a major supplier should suit your needs. I've had the best luck with Gigabyte boards lately and I am a die hard Asus fan.
When buying a psu I go large enough to support two gpu's even though I only use one. This provides some future proofing. I have used the same psu for 6 years and 3 upgrades. It might even make one more. Don't skimp on the psu.
You might want to reduce the amount of memory in favor of faster memory. Make sure your motherboard supports the speed you pick. 32gb is useless unless you are running multiple virtual machines or doing some crazy crap (that cpu is great for virtual machines). 16gb is more than enough for 95% of us.

Back