About...to pull...the trigger...

Wytchocolate

Weaksauce
...on my new system. Last second suggestions, deals, coupons much appreciated! Here she is...

Wave Master Black $148.00
AMD64 3500+ $390.00
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum $139.99
Corsair 1GB PC3200 $279.00
WD Raptor 74GB $180.25
Maxtor 300GB $241.00
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum $159.99
NEC 16x DL DVD±RW $84.99
Lite-On CD-RW-DVD $45.00
Antec "NeoPower" 480 watt $121.45
Fan Vibration Dampeners $10.20
PSU Vibration Dampener $4.05
Fan Filters $4.78
External Floppy Drive $29.00
Logitech keyboard $29.00
Logitech MX510 Blue $43.00
Panaflos $23.97

Total $1,933.67
S&H $48.54
$1,982.21

After Rebates $1,803.67
S&H $48.54
$1,852.21

Not bad, But for the hdd, tigerdirect (Don't even start) has a selection of 200GB models in the $100 range, (dual 200gb drives in onboard raid 0 maybe?

With all that schweetness you must have a PC Power & Cooling 510 Deluxe psu.
You won't be disappointed ;)

GlobalFear said:
Not bad, But for the hdd, tigerdirect (Don't even start) has a selection of 200GB models in the $100 range, (dual 200gb drives in onboard raid 0 maybe?

I like the reviews I've read on the new Maxtor, beats the Raptor in some benches. Itll be good for my "stuff" drive. Thanks though.

OPUS1 said:
With all that schweetness you must have a PC Power & Cooling 510 Deluxe psu.
You won't be disappointed ;)

Ive had people say that but most say I'll be fine with the Antec (nice psu, future proof, plus $30 instant rebate right now). Any proof otherwise and I'll happily go for a PCP&C :D.

Looking through the logitech keyboards at newegg I found this. Anyone have it yet? How do you like it? Im guessing its new because ive never seen it.

Looks like you've put together a good setup. As you know the Maxtor gets my recommendation.

What type of Corsair PC3200 are you getting?

Wytchocolate said:
Looking through the logitech keyboards at newegg I found this. Anyone have it yet? How do you like it? Im guessing its new because ive never seen it.

I have never seen it either, looks pretty sweet, I am going to check to see if it has F-lock keys. If it doesn't I may have found my new keyboard.

Uh oh we may have a Winner :D

What we haven't seen in Logitech or Microsoft keyboard reviews before, however -- and what earns an ovation -- is that the Media Keyboard's F-Lock key remembered its status or default on our Windows 2000 desktop, letting us decide whether we wanted New Coke or Classic function keys and turning its LED indicator off or on accordingly at system startup.

http://hardware.earthweb.com/peripherals/article.php/3387521

Wytchocolate said:
thanks for the info, ill be picking that one up for sure. Also added an XTrac mouse bungee to my cart too, any thoughts on that?

Mouse bungees has always been one of those things you like it or you don't. Not a mouse bungee user myself As for your selection in mouse, I had a 3.0a I sweared by, but it died and I got a Mx510 as well. While not quite as comfortable it is a very nice mouse and well worth the money.

Curious what video card you going to put in that beast of a machine??

For now I'll be using my friends 9700pro (in Iraq). But after HL2 comes out along with benches and prices drop I'll probably be picking up a 6800GT.

System looks great - you've done your homework. You're solid in every area.

One minor suggestion - you may consider buying 2 smaller hard drives for your storage, such as these. That way you will have the option of RAID1 (mirroring)

Or if you just run them seperately, you still have 100GB more storage for less money and you will not notice the small difference in speed if you're just using it as a storage drive.

Also, Seagate has a 5 year warranty on all their drives, where everyone else only has 3. (exception being the Raptor which has a 5 year warranty as well)

This is the setup I have, and it's very nice.

Also, make sure you order that Raptor from newegg, since they have a $25 rebate on it.

Good luck with everything.

Thanks, Im fine with the Maxtor though, great performance... 16mb cache. Im fine with 300gb, lol its overkill for me anyways. I wont be doing any raid, so no loss there. I'll be buying the raptor from newegg, of course. :D

Check the hot deals forum - the A2 ZS Plat for $100 AR. Are you sure the plat knobs fit behind the wavemaster door?

For keyboard/mouse price you could get the MX Duo if you wanted wireless.

Mixed reviews on stock airflow in the wavemaster - important consideration for total you are spending. Most recommend a mod to front panel to increase intake. Also, buy your EAR fan mounts and grommets from McMaster, a ton cheaper.

Xeese said:
Check the hot deals forum - the A2 ZS Plat for $100 AR. Are you sure the plat knobs fit behind the wavemaster door?

For keyboard/mouse price you could get the MX Duo if you wanted wireless.

Mixed reviews on stock airflow in the wavemaster - important consideration for total you are spending. Most recommend a mod to front panel to increase intake. Also, buy your EAR fan mounts and grommets from McMaster, a ton cheaper.

Yep, getting the Audigy w/ $70 MIRB

nah, didnt want wireless.

Im sure the wavemaster will do me fine, wont be OC'ing (at least for awhile). Not sure about the knobs though, good point. If anyone knows please let me know.

googled and found this on coolermasters site...

"Q. Can WaveMaster support 5.25 drive bay?
A. Yes, WaveMaster can support 5.25 devices. For CoolerMaster products like Aerogate II, Cool Drive 4, Musketeer. Other products like Creative Audigy 2 Series, HardCano Series, etc."

Aren't the wavemaster cases pretty heavy though, so if you are thinking about doing some LANs I might also take that into consideration. But I could be wrong, I think I am thinking of those Compaq look alikes

UltimaParadox said:
Aren't the wavemaster cases pretty heavy though, so if you are thinking about doing some LANs I might also take that into consideration. But I could be wrong, I think I am thinking of those Compaq look alikes

nope, no lans, home nerd only, not outside of the house. :p

Wytchocolate said:
nope, no lans, home nerd only, not outside of the house. :p

Haha ignore my statement. Everything else looks great, I would just be eager to get a new video card with that setup. I am envious of your uber system. Enjoy it. :)

UltimaParadox said:
Haha ignore my statement. Everything else looks great, I would just be eager to get a new video card with that setup. I am envious of your uber system. Enjoy it. :)

Haha, thanks man. It'll be my last one for Awhile. This 9700 will last me a few more months, I will be eager for my vid card though, haha. Any idea where to get a BFG 6800GT (I want the lifetime warranty)? If you can find me one for a good price I'd do it. Ive got a friend that works at Fry's, still need to give him a call though.

Quick question, would buying a 512MB flash drive be just as effective as getting that external floppy? may as well spend the extra $30 right? For things such as bios flashes, SATA drivers, small files, (damn those 2mb burnt cds :mad: ) etc.

Wytchocolate said:
Quick question, would buying a 512MB flash drive be just as effective as getting that external floppy? may as well spend the extra $30 right? For things such as bios flashes, SATA drivers, small files, (damn those 2mb burnt cds :mad: ) etc.
why are you getting an external floppy?

Wytchocolate said:

Thats what I use them for, just have to make sure that your mobo supports booting off removable USB devices.which most of them do now

Back