AC Accelero Xtreme GTX 280 Availability

Neurofreeze

2[H]4U
Anyone seen these out in the market or have any info on when retailers are getting them in stock? I've been googling for them every few days and haven't read squat. The last thing I've seen about them was Galaxy planning to sell a GTX285 with it equipped (which is also nowhere to be seen).

It's been about two months now since their announcement. It'd be nice if these aftermarket cooling manufacturers would actually get their products out in the wild after they make their announcement.

Thermalright did the same thing with their HR-03 GTX and after all that waiting, it's worse than the stock cooler. The VRM cooler is completely inadequate. I'm considering getting the HR-03 GTX with the separate VRM heatsinks. Does anyone know if those fit for the old 65nm GTX260?

I have been looking for the same cooler myself. And my results are the same as yours. No new info other than the specs of this cooler. I wish they would release i already.

According to Mr Friendly at the local PC store, they're gonna start selling em on March 10th. So only a few days away down here in Aus.

The best i have found is a german review and also a site in the uk who will be selling it but states end of april.

review 1:-
http://www.hardwareoc.at/Arctic_Cooling_Accelero_Xtreme_GTX280.htm

review 2:- (a review of a card using the cooler pre installed)
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Inno3D/iChill_GTX_260/1.html

where to buy in the uk:-
http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/vgacoolers

If anyone knows anywhere that will ship to the uk and getting them before end april can they please post details here as my gfx fan is broken on my card and makes a right noise and i need to replace asap!

That German review is fantastic. It tests the temp of stock vs. the Accelero on the major components individually (GPU, PCB, memory, and VRM).

The only other thing I could ask for are temperature readings of the ambient case temp before and after the card was installed (although this is highly dependent on the case, I'd still like some idea).

The techpowerup one has a whole slew of strange benchmarks but it does have some relative sound measurements which look very promising.

Anyway, I hope we get it imported soon. I'd really rather not pay exchange rates and international shipping (if I had to go to extremes like that I might as well just start migrating over to watercooling; the waterblocks for the GTX series are already available). :(

Its terrible how long ago this cooler was announced and how long its taking to get it to market.
I wanted one when I bought my GTX260 over a month ago and the cards have been available since June 2008 !!

They have also messed up by making the cooler too big to fit in many cases, did they really need to make it just that little bit too big??
It wont fit in my Antec900 case as it is too long. I would have got a different case if I had known earlier :rolleyes:
Laughable really as Antec900 owners are part of the crowd who would consider buying such a cooler.

So ineptitude on the designers part and taking too long to release the product has lost them a sale from me and many others no doubt.
Idiots (you can tell I'm annoyed).

Yeah, I actually got my GTX260 waaay back in August. The HR-03GTX was "coming soon" then. I waited months for it to hit the market. After all that waiting, everyone universally says the VRM cooling is so inadequate that I might as well stick to stock. Then I read about the AC Xtreme GTX280 and wait a few more months.

All in all, I've been waiting six months for an aftermarket cooler. Had I known I would be waiting this long I would've just paid a little extra for a 4870 1GB; they got coolers so much faster. Many existing ones were even compatible.

Yeah, I actually got my GTX260 waaay back in August. The HR-03GTX was "coming soon" then. I waited months for it to hit the market. After all that waiting, everyone universally says the VRM cooling is so inadequate that I might as well stick to stock. Then I read about the AC Xtreme GTX280 and wait a few more months.

All in all, I've been waiting six months for an aftermarket cooler. Had I known I would be waiting this long I would've just paid a little extra for a 4870 1GB; they got coolers so much faster. Many existing ones were even compatible.

You could just use some Enzotech copper mosfet sinks and some 3m tape for the vrms. It works really well. link

I was actually considering buying Thermalright's own VRM heatsinks, but I was unsure whether they also fit the 260s as they're advertised for the 285. They seem to love making each and every part they make work for a very specific set of cards so you can never re-use them.

Thanks for the heads up though, since it's obvious that the Enzotech ones work I might just try that out. It's getting a little pricey though. Separate copper mosfet sinks plus a separate fan plus the cooler itself....

Yeah, it's not cheap. It'll run you between $70-$80 depending on the fan(s). I would be trying this out if I didn't have to rma my 280.

I'm also waiting for this as the GTX285 is the loudest thing in my case.

Can i control the fan speeds,with the fan controller Zalman ZM-MFC1PLUS ?

I forgot to ask about the PSU.
I have Corsair CMPSU-650 TXEU. Is that enough for my specs:
Intel 7 920 ,Gigabyte GA-EX58 UD5 , 3 GB DDR 3 Corsair 1066 Mhz,GTX 285 PNY,WD 6400 AAKS,DVD RW LG,Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer. NO OVERCLOCK YET.
And i have the case fans,as well : 1 - front ,2 on side,1 back.
Will my power supply be "good" if i buy the ACCELERO XTREME GTX 280?
Thanks.

Ah, you need the "I dont know where to post" subforum.
You shouldnt resurrect old threads unless you have something to contribute to them.
You should also remain on topic.

If you want assistance, make a new thread.

Back