AC Tubing: what size for Plug and cool 1/4"?

typhoon43

2[H]4U
Yes, I searched :D
I'm putting together a purchase order to take me from Waterchill land to AquaComputer Avenue, and I'm down to 2 (or 3 things)

1) What size tubing do I need to order from AC for the 1/4" Plug and cool fittings? I assume that's 1/4" bore? They had 1/8" inch fittings and I was thinking to myself that there's no way that can flow enough to cool"

2) What pump would suit me best for a CPU/GPU/NB/2x120mm BIX/Aquatube setup?

3) Any special fittings I'll need to adapt the pump to the 1/4" Plug & Cool Fittings?

Thanks.

1. 8mm plug n cool. all fittings will be 1/8 except for radiator connection which is 1/4. welcome to low flow. I hope you have better luck than I did.

2. if you get ac, stay with ac pump

3. 8mm tube doesnt fit well on a 1/4 american fitting. You can get it to go on but I found that ac tubing cracks and eventually leaks through.

UnrealRage said:
1. 8mm plug n cool. all fittings will be 1/8 except for radiator connection which is 1/4. welcome to low flow. I hope you have better luck than I did.

2. if you get ac, stay with ac pump

3. 8mm tube doesnt fit well on a 1/4 american fitting. You can get it to go on but I found that ac tubing cracks and eventually leaks through.

Thx for the reply, so I need 1/4 fittings for my BIX2 rad, but 1/8th for my AquagraFX, NB, GPU, and even the pump? I wish they'd just sell their pumps with the fittings. It's a tad confusing to me.

Thanks for the reply.

You are getting pipe size confused with tube size. They do not correlate. Please go to the AC thread and avail yourself of the links provided on the first post.

typhoon43 said:
exactly.. so Pump Outlet = 1/4, yet goes to a 1/8 fitting on the inlet of the CPU cooler...without a next down adapter?.. More confusing by the minute.

the 1/4 and 1/8 isnt tube size, its simply thread size. the top part can be whatever....You need 10mm Aqua-Computer tubing to use with their fittings. Mazzer tubing also works.

Dillusion said:
the 1/4 and 1/8 isnt tube size, its simply thread size. the top part can be whatever....You need 10mm Aqua-Computer tubing to use with their fittings. Mazzer tubing also works.

hahaha right after I read a ton of stuff trying to educate, I thought I had it down. I thought I need 6mm Mazzer or AC tube, at least that's what Sharka has on their site.
Jeezus, I'll go back to the AC thread AGAIN and see what's up. My big bore system was definitely easier than this stuff :D

Standard AC tubing is 6mm ID x 8mm OD. This is the size that fits so called Plug & Cool fittings. Plug & Cool is an AC proprietary name for a standard fitting called a push-fit or instant tube fitting. Please go to the McMaster-Carr werbsite and go to page 135. The ones I use are located on page 139 and are called "Glass-Filled Nylon Instant Tube Fittings."

The first page of the AC thread has a tremendous amount of information in the way of links regarding these type of fittings.

WTF??? You actually thought there would be a 1/8" id system OMFG look at a 1/8" drill bit

Back