acceleration on both monitors with ati?

rogue_jedi

Supreme [H]ardness
can it be done? it irks me that video skips on my second display.

btw, 2560x1024 rocks :p i just wish it was on LCDs instead of CRTs so there was less of a bar in the middle of the screen...

i have a 9700 pro and cat 5.6's (no CCC) if it matters.

all i know is that at one point, i could run milkdrop (d3d winamp vis) on one monitor and jedi outcast on the other one (ogl) with a 9000 pro without much performance loss. drove fraps crazy, tho.
<- add about 6k to that, the numbers are off

anyone? i'm running xp sp2 now and it was 2k (sp3) when both were accelerated. don't remember how long ago it was (probably last summer) so it was late 3-series or early 4-series cat's most likely.

this is not cool, cause video is accelerated too now, so i can't watch movies in fullscreen on the second monitor - which i'd like to be able to do.

thanks in advance.
mwhahaha

Of course! ATI will actually do a decent job, unlike that flop, SLI. Everyone knows that Nvidia can't write drivers to save their lives!

(That should get some sort of response, though I don't know if it will be useful) ;)

the funny thing about your post is that were this an nvidia card, i wouldn't be having this problem. cinesurround (or whatever they call it) works pretty well. it'll let you span games across two monitors, even.

of course, then i'd have worse (2d at least) image quality :p

(please don't hurt me)

and i think this was actually as long as 2 years ago. it was when the 9700 pro was fairly new, i think.
mwhahaha

Back