Accelero S1 Rev2 $22 + shipping

I'm really considering taking this to cool my 8800GT SSC over a Thermalright HR-03 GT. Does anyone know how much of a difference would be between the two? Can you put a fan on this one?

I'm really considering taking this to cool my 8800GT SSC over a Thermalright HR-03 GT. Does anyone know how much of a difference would be between the two? Can you put a fan on this one?
The HR-03 seems a tad overpriced compared to the S1. You can easily use any fan you want, but you have to invent your own mounting. Some use zip ties or fishing line. You can put up to two 92mm or 120mm fans onto the S1 provided your case is large enough. A single fan is sufficient however. I would recommend a quiet ball bearing unit such as the Scythe Minebea or Mechatronics. You could in fact run these even slower as the S1 has such wide gaps between its fins, it doesn't need much airflow to outperform its passive level.

The only downside is that it blocks three peripheral slots with a fan. If you need most of those slots, check out the Zalman VF-1000 or eVGA Akimbo.

I'd suggest a couple of 120mm yate loon. 6 bucks on SVC's site. They're $3.50 at jab-tech,. but the cooler is $27.00. After shipping, buying 2 Yate Loons and the cooler $0.30 more at jab-tech. However, if you order more than 2 fans, the price/fan drops to $3.00, so at that point, it's cheaper at jab-tech.

I've bought from both companies, and like them both. I'd suggest anyone buying these look at both stores and see if they have other stuff you want to pick up. Whether it's cables, sleeving, fans...whatever, now is the time to buy those small items that generally kill you after shipping.

in the description it says its not compatable with the 3870, but by the looks of that bracket thats the correct bracket for the 8800GT\3870

I have teh rev 1 on an 8800gt and max temp is 40c. These things are amazing.

whats the difference in rev1 and rev2 ?

the difference between the S1 and the HT-03 is HT is more expensive and it takes about almost 5 slots compare to the s1 less money and takes up 3 slots with fans on both. basically performs almost the same.

Back