Accelero X2 for my x1800xt

SEALTeamSix

2[H]4U
The stock cooler on my X1800XT (256mb) sounds like a vacuum cleaner when in 3D mode (aka: gaming), so I'm picking up an X2 from SVC. Here's my order:

Code:
Arctic Cooling Accelero X2 ATI X1800 & X1900 VGA Cooler  	$21.99
Céramique 22g High Density Thermal Compound by Arctic Silver 	$7.99
SVC 80mm to 120mm UV Red Fan Adapter 		$3.99
SVC 60mm to 80mm Clear Blue Fan Adapter 	$1.99
10" SATA Glow in the Dark Cable 	$0.99
Cooler Master TEC-I06-ER Red EL IEEE1394a Firewire Cable 6-Foot   $0.99

Subtotal: 	$37.94
Shipping (UPS Ground): 	$7.41
Tax: 	$0.00
Total: 	$45.35

Notice that it's 22 grams of Ceramique for $8. Can't do that with AS5... Overall, I'm very impressed with SVC's prices and service.

Anyway, I'll let you know my thoughts on my X2 when it arrives.

-SEAL

Yeah, I always select US Postal Service when ordering from SVC. It's cheaper, and faster then UPS ground.

For some strange reason, USPS is $11 shipping. The UPS Ground is actually the same rate as the SuperSaver shipping. Weird, huh?

-SEAL

Be careful with the Accelero's. They blow their exhaust heat onto the mobo (!!!). Make sure you've got some good case cooling to back it up.

I just got my Accelero X2 from SVC too. Installed it on my X1900XT 512MB in a Stacker 830 case. I have two 120mm exhaust fans on the side panel right by the video card, and there's a 5-6 degree Celsius difference when they're turned on. These are pretty weak fans too, but I'm amazed at the heat being exhausted by them.

As former owner of a pair, I can say that the X2's cool pretty darn well, but like Manic said, they blow the heat out straight out the bottom onto the mobo. If all you want is noise reduction, they rock, but the added heat to the rest of the system just isn't worth it IMO. You really could bake a cake in there. For the heat the x1800's and up put out, I wouldn't use anything that didn't mimic the stock coolers vent straight out the back. Takes a lot longer to heat up the room than it does the inside of the case.

Back