Account Log in

CBlakeNS

Gawd
On my work computer today. Lenovo with windows 7 made a weird buzzing sound. Shut it down and rebooted sound gone but I can't log into my account now. I put my password in and it says on the welcome screen for awhile and then goes to a temporary profile. I can log into the admin account but I have a lot of files I need under my account. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you so much
Blake

The event viewer should give you a clue as to why it's using a temporary profile.

I'm looking under errors. Says service1, kernel event tracing, iastor, outlook , bonjour service ,user profile service and dhcp client and lms and sqlbrowser for last hour.

What do I need to lock for and how do I fix this?

Sounds like windows can't find local profile and is logging me on with temp profile.

I actually system restored everything and got my user profile back. However, it seems like my computer is really slow. Going to run a virus scan and then probably take it to my it department to get them to backup my desktop and transfer it all to a new computer!

Sounds like it could be a physical issue with the HDD. If you have an IT department, maybe try asking them to check the SMART data, or do a diagnostic scan using the appropriate software (WD Lifeguard for WD drives, Seatools for Seagate drives, etc).

Back