Acer P235H

Klaerth

Weaksauce
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...12709-_-MonitorsLCDFlatPanel-_-L0J-_-24009179 ($140 with coupon, free shipping)

Given the deal, with the free shipping and included HDMI cables (and my current lack of anything other than an utterly cheap monitor), just how does this look? I've heard of some minor bleeding and glossiness issues with this monitor, but otherwise reviews seem well enough. My intent would mostly be to use it for PC and console (PS3) gaming.

I bought a set of these on Friday. The key thing for me was the HDMI. I owned two Samsung 220WM's before and loved it. However being able to switch between sources; HDMI (console) to DVI (pc), without having to unplug or buying a switch was the selling point for me.

The only problem I think I may have is the glossy screen. I used to own a pair of Sony flat panels (glossy) before and I loved the glossy. But now my computer desk faces opposite to windows so it will have reflection. I'll probably need curtains by then :p

I don't think glossy is at all bad, it gives it that 'television' look, although if you own a matte lcd tv now, then it doesn't really compare, lol. It also tends to give blacks a richer sense of contrast.

At $139.99 it was a sweet deal.

Have any of you guys had problems with the p235h? Just recently I saw a thin red vertical line towards the left of the screen thats only visible on certain colors (gray, dark blue, red). Just wanted to know if any one else was having this problem. I'm sending it in to Acer on Monday.

Back