Acer X241Wsd

lt_wentoncha

Limp Gawd
Anyone have this monitor? What say you? I've read Jan 2007 panels have the greatest fidelity and minimal backlight bleeding.

TYIA.

I believe thats the one thats $300 after MIR from Microcenter. There are two really similar models. Anyways, if its that one, AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!

I picked up the first at Microcenter, drove home, and 13 stuck pixels all along the rightmost edge of the screen. Has some kind of yellowish tint emanating from the leftmost side of the screen. Brought it back.

Got the replacement home and there are 5 stuck pixels all along the rightmost edge of the screen. No yellow tint! Its getting better! Brought it back.

Asked the manager to let me open the replacement as I'm not going to make ANOTHER trip. Oh, whats that, more 6 stuck pixels all along the rightmost edge of the screen. Always clustered together.

When LCDs have 1920x1200 pixels, theres bound to be a couple stuck ones. Of course, but clusters all in the same spot on three of them, with one having some weird yellowish tint glowing from the left side?

Pass.

:rolleyes:

I believe thats the one thats $300 after MIR from Microcenter. There are two really similar models. Anyways, if its that one, AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!

I picked up the first at Microcenter, drove home, and 13 stuck pixels all along the rightmost edge of the screen. Has some kind of yellowish tint emanating from the leftmost side of the screen. Brought it back.

Got the replacement home and there are 5 stuck pixels all along the rightmost edge of the screen. No yellow tint! Its getting better! Brought it back.

Asked the manager to let me open the replacement as I'm not going to make ANOTHER trip. Oh, whats that, more 6 stuck pixels all along the rightmost edge of the screen. Always clustered together.

When LCDs have 1920x1200 pixels, theres bound to be a couple stuck ones. Of course, but clusters all in the same spot on three of them, with one having some weird yellowish tint glowing from the left side?

Pass.

:rolleyes:
Bummer. Gah, stupid MC has a restocking fee...did you get hit with that?

Theres a restocking fee, but the manager saw the stuck pixels too and said he'd naturally waive that.

They did ask if I wanted credit for a different monitor first, but I explained I only purchased that one because it was on sale. I was frustrated from not only the waisted time but missing out on what I thought was a killer deal, but the guy was nice and its not his fault that one particular model has the same odd issue w/ stuck pixel clusters on the right edge.

I never did check back on slickdeals.net to see if others had the same issue, as the odds of getting three defective monitors in a row (the boxes were in pristine condition) just seems highly unlikely. We know its the monitors as it was on two of my computers and one of theirs, and always with the cables included in each box.

I have the X241W.

bought it yesterday. It's decent. The screen however, is manufactured TCO development.
Which probably explains grey showing up brownish, and the colors arent so vivid =/

Back