Acrylic Cases

ProOC

Limp Gawd
I was thinking about picking up a clear acrylic uv case, maybe the blue and I had a few q's.

Is there any drawbacks to an acrylic case?

Has anyone put water cooling in one of these and what radiator(s) fit inside.

I want to build a 939 pin machine that is watercooled in one of these cases and wasn't sure if it would fit or be a good idea to use for a case.

Thanks.

In my opinion, the biggest drawback is their durability. It will scratch fairly easy and could crack too (though I've never actually heard of it happening). Also, as with any case, dust will collect on the inside. I dunno about you, but I certainly don't want my dust bunnies on display, heh. Other than that, I can't think of any general disadvantages. However, there are some very specific faults relating to the various models out there. Personally, I'd much rather get a plain-jane steel/aluminum case and unleash my creativity on it :D

Ive never heard of one cracking either. Ive seen a few home made ones that were pretty sweet looking. Especially slightly tinted to match the lights.

MikeP said:
Ive never heard of one cracking either. Ive seen a few home made ones that were pretty sweet looking. Especially slightly tinted to match the lights.
i heard a lanparty horror story where someone dropped their acrylic case and it smashed into pieces

Just the same as any opther case would. Hell, if you drop a metal case, and hit the floor at an angle, good luck getting the door off!!!

Back