Adaptec SATA AAR-1220SA RAID1 array

MooCow

[H]F Junkie
Ok I have a strange issue where I have two 1TB sata drives in RAID 1 using this adaptec adapter. Anyways I was running it for a while, all was well, then I pulled the drives and the card out of the motherboard during a hardware upgrade. I left the drives and the adapter out for about a month. Well I plugged it in today, and it works, but when I viewed my files, I see a bunch of old files from months ago. Files I deleted are still there, and new files that I had before the upgrade aren't there anymore. Its like a copy of everything from 4 months ago :mad:

Where did all my new stuff go, and why are these old, some deleted files, still here? Its like a complete time warp, going BACK in time. How the hell did this happen? I had like 750Gigs used before I upgraded my hardware, now its only 500Gigs. WTF???:confused:

Its like the whole state of my data is from months ago, I am not running any system restore, or any drive imaging applications. I am still using the same OS, Windows XP Pro SP3. One is a WD Black, the other is a Seagate 320AS. Anything else you guys need to know? I'm totally frustrated with this, how could this even be possible?

Last edited:
Is the data on the disks the same? Have you tried plugging them in indidually?

Maybe the card failed and was only seeing/reading/writing to one disk?

Oh crap you were right... the WD Black drive had up to date files, the other Seagate drive had older files from MONTHS AGO. However, it seems that both drives work.

Now the question is, how do I merge the up to date files on to the other Seagate drive, and the other question, how the fuck do I prevent this from happening in the future? This is scary since I didn't even know this was going on for quite some time. Oh yeah one more thing, some time ago, probably what caused this whole issue from the start, was that I had "delay write failure" balloon popup notifications in my system tray and my Adaptec raid card stopped responding in windows, it had the yellow " ! " in the device manager. I don't know what caused this either and it rarely happened but I remember it happened at least twice. This really sucks, wtf adaptec???

Back