Add Gamercard support to the forum

arentol

2[H]4U
Mods, is there any way we can get gamercard capabilities added to the forums? Either as a profile option or maybe as an option similar to , like this:

[gamercard]Muffler72[/gamercard]

I have seen both of these methods used on other forums, and it seems pretty cool.

It shouldn't be to excessively hard to do since there are instructions floating around the internet on how to updated all major forum codes to add this kind of functionality. The forums at www.vbulletin.org should actually have all the information needed to do it if search around a little.

Okay, I did a bit of searching but I still have no idea what gamercard is. What is it and what does it do? :confused:

I don't own an xbox and I think this is a great idea, can we have it like the yahoo/aim/icq things?

We also do have an Xbox gamecard sticky right now in Gaming. More and more people are adding daily. It can be found right here.

Rich Tate said:
We also do have an Xbox gamecard sticky right now in Gaming. More and more people are adding daily. It can be found right here.

Yeah, you can look at that thread to see what a gamecard looks like, but those aren't actually gamecards. Those are .jpg images of the gamecards that are static instead of dynamic, and they aren't created automatically either. You have to either download a program to create that image, or take a screen capture and then cut that part into a new image, which is a pain to have to do if you want to keep the image up to date.

Wouldn't that go against the "no images in signatures" rule?

I don't think somebody should be able to break the rule just because they bought an xbox.

Personally I don't think you have anything to worry about there ;)

DanK said:

I don't think somebody should be able to break the rule just because they bought an xbox.

IBTL

Oh noes !!!!

That is some of the most annoying to look at on forums, like those x-fire sigs :(

Even worse than regular picsigs.

I hate those type of things... :(

They make everything ugly.

I think if you were to allow these, then you should also allow SMALL non animated sig pictures that have to be hosted from your own bandwidth.

DanK said:

This shouldn't be an issue since I am not talking about suddenly allowing them in the signature. I am talking about at least having a simple option to put them in your public profile, and also if possible having a way of adding it into a post if you want to do so.

arentol said:
This shouldn't be an issue since I am not talking about suddenly allowing them in the signature. I am talking about at least having a simple option to put them in your public profile, and also if possible having a way of adding it into a post if you want to do so.
Then whats wrong with just adding "Gamercard- Muffler72" to your sig? :rolleyes:

Yeah, we should add gamercards and Word Of Warcraft Profile Pictures should be allowed to along with myspace and Xihua.com profile cards also! That would add maximum coolness and maybe we could have some type of Sims profiles where all of your Sims Online chracters show up in your signature... that would r0x0r.

Yeah, we should add gamercards and Word Of Warcraft Profile Pictures should be allowed to along with myspace and Xihua.com profile cards also! That would add maximum coolness and maybe we could have some type of Sims profiles where all of your Sims Online chracters show up in your signature... that would r0x0r.

ah, the sweet smell of sarcasm in the morning. I must say that I am very glad Kyle chooses to keep this site minimalist in terms of sigs/graphics/avatars/etc.

Back