Additional Software Needed?

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
I was thinking about moving a XP or Debian PC out by the Sony 65" HD projection TV. I am running a PCI-E Nvidia 7800 GTX video card whicj supports DVI as well does my HD TV. Will I need anything additional to move this PC to the living room by the HD TV and use it to surf the web and what not?
I just was not sure if the nVidia drivers (current) would allow me to attach this to my TV and it look nice and also not damage my screen.

I read the "sticky" above that gives you every possible link for stuff I need but I feel that this seems to be a little more in detail for what I am trying to do.

Thanks for any info.

I am not very informaed as to all the technical terms on the TV so please don't flame...

The TV seems to have the basic analog (red, yellow, white) in about 6 different rows and also 1 set up front hidden by a flush panel.

It also has a S-Video input.

It has a DVI input connector and even came with a lengthy DVI cable.

It also has some additional audio inputs and I may be leaving some stuff out but I am not infront of the TV so I can't be very desriptive.

Thanks for all the info, I will give this a shot when I get home today.

can we have some pics of it all when its setup and running?
that tv sounded like it would have set you back a bit

I will post pictures of the TV tonight and also my results. I don't have the exact model # with me here at work and I know I paid $3,000 for the machine last Sept.

Not sure what it's worth now and I know back then when I purchased the unit, Sony was phasing them out.

Just make sure you set the PC to the native resolution of the TV, everything will look better.

Ok,

I took some pics today of my TV and butt plugs here on file for everyone to see and make /comments/suggestions. The TV is a Sony KP65WS510 Do you guys recommend using the DVI or S-Video for communication? I don't know exactly why I want to set up a PC by my TV but I am sure in the long run I will think of something. I removed the SLI (dual 7800 GTX) and am now only running a single Nvidia 7800 GTX card to avoid complication.

Here are some pics:

Front
Rear Panel
Close Up of Rear Panel

I connected my PC to my TV via the DVI options on the back panel and I was only able to see some but not all my screen. The lower the resolution was set on the machine, the less I could see and I had this thing maxed all the way to 1600.

If you look at this image, the shaded section is what was displayed on my TV and I was not sure what to do in settings to get this to be full screen and a bit less blury.

Thanks for any assistance.

It's most likely because you're not using the native resolution of you're TV, try either 1280x720 (720p) or 1920x1080 (1080i) and see if that works, I would try to use 720p with the TV for the best possible image quality.

even at native res, you might have some overscan (the cutoff). you can do a totally custom res using powerstrip or work around it. I believe the newewst driver sets have overscan correction in the advanced tabs.

Yes, it would appear I need powerstrip so I think I will just call it quits here because I heard "powerstrip" is like being kicked in the sack.

not that bad actually. it can be difficult if you make it that way, but if you just want a custum res, it's not that big of a deal. jsut take a current res and modify it. it would be way easier if youhad the native res of your TV. do you know what that is?

Back