Admin files on XP need to open on other PC

nicoliani

n00b
My stationary pc with XP broke, now I have a laptop with Vista Basic. I connected my stationary harddrive as USB connection to my laptop. I can view all files but I have importand files in XP my personal admin account as on my documents and settings, my pictures, and other files that was on XP windows desk. This files I can not view or open, it says it need admin rights to open. I can also say I had a log in pass for XP, I know that password.
How can I get a hand of this importand files. There is a tool in Vista systemtools "Windows filetransfer" it say it can transfer accounts also. Can this help, and what folder should I transfer to my laptop, I know I have to transfer my documents and setting on my own account, but do I need the admin account and I have one more guest account I don't need that. Do I need to transfer the Windows folder?

Is there anyother way to get hand of this admin locked files, any software I can use directly so I don't need to transfer?

You need to take ownership of/give permissions to, the XP files for your Vista account.
Youll have to google for the steps to do this in Vista

Back