Advice on Dragon Age camera and controls

IsaacMM

Gawd
The camera and the movement/rotation controls are driving me crazy, what configuration do you suggest?

I use behind the shoulder view for traveling because it's nice to see where you're going. As soon as I come to enemies I switch to the very top 3/4 overhead view.

I use mouse right click + move mouse to steer and then W/S to move back and forth and sometimes Q/E to strafe. I rarely use A/D which turns the character. Just have to get used to it.

This...

What do we suggest? We suggest you do whatever is most comfortable for you... :rolleyes:

When it comes to bad cameras in games, this game isn't even on the list so i'm not sure what your problem is.

WASD and behind the shoulder for regular walking and whatnot, and then just zoom out all the way for combat.

WASD + right mouse, never had any troubles? I zoom out a little sometimes. The movement/camera was perfect from the start for me

Just started DA last night, and I'm having issues with this as well. I hate having to hold down right-mouse to turn free-look on. Is there a way to turn it permananetly on whenever the game isn't paused?

I also don't like right-click for free-look because it's the same key that's used for so many other functions - meaning you can't do most things while you're in free-look.

I can see the advantage of the locked system some of the time, so I think I'd want to keep it as-is when the game is paused, but for general movement, I'd really like it to just stay on.

Yeah, just got this and would have preferred a more witcher style camera system. Over the shoulder that follows you around and a seperate down from above look.

However with the sale I was wanting to try out thos sort of game as I don't usually.

Yeah odd question, I personally played with a zoomed in 3rd person view for moving around the landscape using WASD to move and holding right mouse to rotate.

Then I zoom right out to get a tactical plan view for fights, I felt this was best since many spells/abilities have area effects like radius and cone, and scenery actually blocks this sort of stuff, so placement of your people relative to each other, the enemies and the surrounding landscape is important.

The controls for me were very good, small fights could be played in real time with WASD and binding common spells/abilities to the 1-9 keys, then space to pause and think and make more tactical moves during the harder fights.

Left mouse + right mouse = move forward, mouselook for steering. WASD would piss me off.

Back