aeon.x2

invalid_

Limp Gawd
PROJECT: aeonX2
logo.jpg

Ok, I am finally moving on this project. It was started and scrapped twice. But I am here and ready to go full steam ahead.

aeonX2 will be shelled with a V1200B. It will be a watercooled project (my first) using DangerDen products.

Lets start with the basics.

The case arrives:
box.jpg

One thing I was amazed with was the insertion of screws in the place of rivets for all the things that one may want to remove. HD cages, wheels, etc. All now have screws! My last v1000 had rivets!
screw.jpg

Here on the bottom all the screws
wheelsorig.jpg

This was awesome because the first things I needed to do was remove one of the HD bays, turn the other upside down, and swap the wheels.

First-Wheels:
I removed both wheels and swapped places. I liked the handle to pull to unlock the wheels but hate it being in back, I wanted it in the front.
wheels.jpg

With that out of the way I moved to the bottom area. Here is how it is originally:
cageorig.jpg

I removed the first HD cage since I am installing the rad down there and turned the other upside down.
cage.jpg

Here is the bottom now:
cage2.jpg

Thats it thus far. I am installing the handles next. Here they are laying on top for a test.
handles.jpg

yes yes yes. this is the way it should be done. im watching. wanna see where the RADS are goign and the res etc.

and yea, arent these newer v series owners lucky? i had rivets on EVERYTHING

Small Update:

Today I started on the holes for the tubing to get from the top to the bottom area. There will be three tubes going into the bottom area where the res will be.

Here is where the grommets will go:
before.jpg

I then taped and measured the area:
in.jpg

With that done I drilled the holes:
holes4.jpg

holes3.jpg

Finally I filed down the holes edges and installed the grommets:
holes2.jpg

holes.jpg

I shoved some tubing through to make sure it was good:
tube.jpg

tube1.jpg

With that done I moved to the handles for the top. Off the bat the rivets on these are not even on the bottom. They protrude a little. If left how they are the handle would not be flush with the top of the case.
handle0000.jpg

handle000.jpg

To resolve this I drilled out the rivets and would replace them with screws when mounted to the top:
handle.jpg

And with all the screws in: (they will be black on the final, not silver. And different look. These are too big for my taste)
handle1.jpg

This would not have happened if I had bought from mnpctech. But Bill is sold out. :( I was forced to go to allelectronics and the quality difference is crazy. These suck compared to his.

The top is all measured for cutting which I will do tomorrow:
top.jpg

More to come. Still deciding final placement of things as my loop is still in question do to the T split and fillport location.

OMG KITTY! looking well planned so far. I've always loved them lian-li's for water cooling. its what I plan to use if I go to water.

Great case to do your first H20 rig in. I chose the PC-65B and had a B*@&H of a time getting everything mounted internally.

Can't wait to see it!

Aww man I cant wait for this one! Dont forget to put caution tape all around it while your working on it ;)

Seriously tho loved the old one cant wait till see what your going to do with this one!

Where'd you get the V1200B from? and How much? I've been looking around for that thing, but it's on the expensive side for a case. I'm sure its well worth it though :)

Thanks! I might just purchase this soon. Such a sexy case. Can't wait to see what you do to it.

Top Fillport ring installed.

I got my shipment in from mnpctech. A black ring. I also received a few surprises in the form of Diamond plate film, carbon fiber film, and the aluminum brush film. Quality stuff! Thanks Bill. :thumb:

1.jpg

I quickly traced out the area I wanted to cut on the top of the case.
16.jpg

Then I cut it out with my trusty jigsaw.
15.jpg

14.jpg

With the normal aspect done I moved to the unique part. This will not be for a fan, but for my fillport. My ring fillport sandwich. :)

I next measured and cut a circle the same size as the total ring in white acrylic. Its not totally solid, it lets light through.
13.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

Next I measured a center point.
10.jpg

Then I drilled a hole and inserted the fillport for a test
9.jpg

8.jpg

Then I did the same thing for the mesh
7.jpg

Finally I put the three together for my sandwich
6.jpg

With all of that set I was able to install it in the top. Here is the results:

Under-
5.jpg

Above-
4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

*Ignore the one screw sticking out. Forgot to screw that one in before taking pics. :duh:

In this shot I stuck a flashlight inside facing up to show how light goes through the acrylic.
19.jpg

The fillport is now complete. The very last detail is the metal screw in part. I am going to paint the top silver, or something along those lines. I hate the goldish color. Got to change that. :dremel:

invalid_ said:
http://www.aeonx.net/mod/3/19.jpg

The fillport is now complete. The very last detail is the metal screw in part. I am going to paint the top silver, or something along those lines. I hate the goldish color. Got to change that. :dremel:
Lookin' good! Are you planning to light it like that, or is that just for show?

Just to show how light goes through it. In the final, the inside will be uv lit so through that you will see blue.

uh s my head just fell off and i now know that i cant view any updates to this thread without properly seating myself and maintaining some semblance of composure

That looks very nice *subscribed* , I love it when people do these Watercooling Mods :D.

Thanks for the comments all.

TehRoflcopter > I can't. Word is men can't have babies. :eek:

Updates coming as they go. Should get quite a bit done this weekend. :)

Teensy Update:

I worked on the template for my T line holder. I didn't want to see the T line at all so I worked it into a non visible spot. But to keep it there I needed something to hold it.

First off, here is my loop plan so it can give a better idea:
loop.jpg

You can see the T line. It is behind the frame on the other side.

Here is the pump sitting where it will be installed:
pump.jpg

The top tube in that picture leads to the T behind the cage. And here is the T installed with the template holder.
tport.jpg

tport2.jpg

The final one will probably be black or white acrylic. As you can see from my diagram the top will be an IN from the rad, and the bottom is the OUT to the pump intake.

Starting now on the window cut out and planning. :)

Finally an update:

I got all the wiring sleeved and lengthened to how I need it. I installed a switch underneath for the lights. There are 3 uv cathodes.
switch.jpg

Also in the mail I got my custom logo fangrill just have to shine this baby up and get some mesh behind it:
fg.jpg

Anyways, the first thing I did was cut a piece of black acrylic to cover the bay areas:

in3.jpg

I will remove the covering later on of course.

I also cut another black acryl piece for next to the motherboard. Later this one will have an applique of the name on it full size.

in its spot
in2.jpg

The window itself I was going to go normal with. A top and bottom area with no molding. I made the initial cuts and then started filing and sanding the edges
cutwindow.jpg

A test fit brought some problem areas to my attention which I then focused on fixing
windowtest.jpg

Once all done I had to get rid of the ugly silver in the window. Basically even when you cut black cases, the edges underneath are silver. This is fixed with a sharpie permanent black marker.
black-silver.jpg

With that done I installed the acrylic. I am using black tint acrylic. Here is with some of the doublesided tape in place
window1.jpg

Top installed
windowtop.jpg

Bottom installed
window.jpg

On the case with no lights
win_dark.jpg

On the case with light on behind
windowtint.jpg

I also did all the tubing and its ready for a water test starting tomorrow.

Pump and T Line placement (The tubing is not how it is in the final):
pumparea.jpg

Other side view of same area
otherside.jpg

This was before I finished though, so the route of the tubes is different.
Here is how it is now ready for the test tomorrow:
final.jpg

Things should be totally done sometime this week/weekend. All depends on work as usual. While it seems I am a slow modder, the truth is time just isn't there.

I know what you mean about not having enough time. I'm finally at a point in my life where time is more important than money (sorry Mr. Howell). Anyway, back on topic. Looks really awesome. I'm gonna borrow your idea to cover the drive rails with plexi. Some others have done that, and I like the look. Find more time! We need more updates. Shameless plug time, check my log 'Beast III'.

Steven

looks AMAZING! Only one question. What's with the loop in the tubing before the radiator outlet? IMO I think it would look better going straight through the grommet into the outlet.

Thanks for the comments all.

Solid> The tubing is too tough to go direct for either the left or right connections. The top one if going direct actually pulls the grommet out. And the other side tilts the grommet up and half way out. This was the only solution I could find to not distort the grommets. Trust me, I tried hard to get them all direct. lol

Nice modding, i've got the same case n i'd love ur window design..
planning getting one on my own..
can you tell me where u bought the black tinted acrylic sheets from??..
couldn't find any ...that looks so tight with the black case..
thanks

Mitsu> I buy all my acrylic locally. I got it at a place called Laird Plastics. They have a web site but I don't think they have online ordering. :(

thanks, i found their site..sadly..they don't have store near my location..
i think i will give the "gray tinted" a try..hope it look as good as urs..

Very nice job so far, well planned. Can't wait to see the final effect with the tinted windows, black plexi on the inside, UV, and lighted fillhole. Are you using a black motherboard too by any chance? :p

Back