AeroCool Masstige

lt.murda

Limp Gawd
So whats the deal with this case?I just ordered mine lastnight feeling the need for a bigger case so I can get my water cooling going this summer.All the reviews say nothing but good things about it.Does anyone have any personal experience with it?

I was going to get the aerocool galaxies,but I thought that my power cables would just barely make it to the motherboard and I wanted a little leg room with it.

The Masstige looks like a Stacker knockoff...in a good way. If you don't want a huge case, this would be ideal. When I found out it had 3x 80mm fans on the side, I almost freaked. I thought it would be lound, but one reveiwer said they were silent! If I didn't know that the CM Stacker 830 was coming, I might have bought that case. Good luck, it should serve you well.

it looks even better in person.

ive been using a spiral galaxies case for about 4 months now and i love it. fantastic airflow and has some modding potential.

Wow! I never thought I'd be so anxious to change my hardware into another case.I decided to rearrange my room and bought a stand to put next to my desk to put my tower and other things on so my desk wouldnt be so cramped.My dog decided he wanted to turn into a racer and TRIED to run under my mass of cables and knocked my pc off the bed.......My hardware seems to be fine.But my case.Well it looks like some fat guy sat on it.All mashed and dented poor aluminum.Oh well

WEll I just got my hardware installed and so far it lowered my temps for my vid card and cpu 2-3C.Thats just when surfing and listening to music..I havent seen my loads yet.I really like this case is so much quieter than my other.Cant wait to see my temps once I give it some wire management.I just tossed my cables in there :D.Got some battlewounds too.

When I get my Digitcal Cam I will.Still haven't gotten one =(.Hopefully I'll have one before the end of the week.Sorry

I am in process of modding mine for a full internally mounted dual loop h2o, with SLI'd GPU's. This should be neat when finished ;)

malicious said:
ok everybody with masstiges MUST post pics.. i NEED them .. PLEASE
Quick, post pics before he starts talking about the Raidmax case again!

(Just giving you a hard time man
biggrin.gif
)

DudeItsMe said:
Quick, post pics before he starts talking about the Raidmax case again!

(Just giving you a hard time man
biggrin.gif
)

lol .. you know what ... i was flameing about the raidmax ... i wouldn't buy that case if were 9.99

made for a good conversation though

i was thinking about getting this case a while back, the cooling potential seems pretty good... The only thing i saw wrong with it, is that it seems like a lot of heat would get trapped at the top back of the case... any heat from the video card would have no place to go... with a 120mm fan there i think it would be nearly perfect. Also the "MASSTIGE" on the front of the case is pretty ugly.

PCBliss said:
i was thinking about getting this case a while back, the cooling potential seems pretty good... The only thing i saw wrong with it, is that it seems like a lot of heat would get trapped at the top back of the case... any heat from the video card would have no place to go... with a 120mm fan there i think it would be nearly perfect. Also the "MASSTIGE" on the front of the case is pretty ugly.

do you mean aerocool on the front

also, you could easily mod a 120 as a blowhole

mine is going to have 3x120 rad for cpu, gpu, chipset, and hdd if it will fit

malicious said:
do you mean aerocool on the front

also, you could easily mod a 120 as a blowhole

mine is going to have 3x120 rad for cpu, gpu, chipset, and hdd if it will fit

so did you ever get the case?
got any pics on it?

i have the masstige and i love it. i love the design of it. i just wish my psu cables were longer. for me it is loud but that is my own mistake since i got a cheap 120mm fan for the front. that thing is LOUD. other wise i love this case.

It looks like you could mount 3 120mm fans in the front. Can you mount the fan and hard drive or do they have to be seperate?

could i maybe fit a scythe kama bay?

i wanted a fan to blow over the hard drives...that;s why i asked
the raptprs tend to get a bit hot.

if u use the adapters then u can do it, but you will have to slide them back a little bit. There are 3 80mm fans blowind directly over the hdd on the lower part of the case tho.

I have an aerocool masstige case.

Just a week ago, I was playing some COD2 and the computer started making a very loud whirring noise, then erupted in a tat-tat-tat'ing that almost scared me to death. I exited and shut down and looked around. After a few minutes of inspection, I determined it was coming from one of the 3 low-rpm 80mm sidepanel fans that came with the masstige case. I kid you not, one actually just fell apart! one of the blades had just split right down the middle, all the way over the bearing/center area of the fan. Upon close inspection of the other two fans, each had smaller cracks that, evidently, would lead to the same fate.

This was disappointing, as I really liked those low-rpm fans. They were nearly dead-silent. I replaced them with some ghetto aspire fans, but they're loud as hell and it's driving me nuts. I have two silverstone FN121's in the 120mm spots in the case.

As mentioned previously, I have had troubles with hot air being trapped in the top rear part of the case, right where the video card resides. Once I got a zalman VF700 on my video card, it started to push the air away from the video card, more towards the open window-side of the case, and the flow of air from the two 120mm fans easily takes it away out the back. I could still afford a 120/80mm blowhole in the top exhausting that rising warm air, though.

Another issue: I disliked the two provided hard drive bays. You'll definitely want to mount them with the connectors facing the backside of the case (if you're looking at the window) or else the connectors may be eaten by the fans. I lost a SATA cable this way! I opted to use the provided mounting brackets for the 5.25" bays instead.

Over all, the case has been good to me. It's heavy, but VERY sturdy. When I bring this to LAN events, I have no quarrel letting it get beat up a bit -- it's solid as a rock.

Worst thing about it is the homoerotic display of "aerocool" on the top front. Bleh.

ep1taph said:

Just a week ago, I was playing some COD2 and the computer started making a very loud whirring noise, then erupted in a tat-tat-tat'ing that almost scared me to death. I exited and shut down and looked around. After a few minutes of inspection, I determined it was coming from one of the 3 low-rpm 80mm sidepanel fans that came with the masstige case. I kid you not, one actually just fell apart! one of the blades had just split right down the middle, all the way over the bearing/center area of the fan. Upon close inspection of the other two fans, each had smaller cracks that, evidently, would lead to the same fate.

This was disappointing, as I really liked those low-rpm fans. They were nearly dead-silent. I replaced them with some ghetto aspire fans, but they're loud as hell and it's driving me nuts. I have two silverstone FN121's in the 120mm spots in the case.

As mentioned previously, I have had troubles with hot air being trapped in the top rear part of the case, right where the video card resides. Once I got a zalman VF700 on my video card, it started to push the air away from the video card, more towards the open window-side of the case, and the flow of air from the two 120mm fans easily takes it away out the back. I could still afford a 120/80mm blowhole in the top exhausting that rising warm air, though.

Another issue: I disliked the two provided hard drive bays. You'll definitely want to mount them with the connectors facing the backside of the case (if you're looking at the window) or else the connectors may be eaten by the fans. I lost a SATA cable this way! I opted to use the provided mounting brackets for the 5.25" bays instead.

Over all, the case has been good to me. It's heavy, but VERY sturdy. When I bring this to LAN events, I have no quarrel letting it get beat up a bit -- it's solid as a rock.

Worst thing about it is the homoerotic display of "aerocool" on the top front. Bleh.

thanks for the info on that...def useful.
do you have any pics of everything all set up?

ep1taph said:

thank you for that info. It's good to know about problems people are having too. I guess i could always replace the stock 80mm fans if needed. I guess that is minor if the rest of the case is nice.

i'm still ooking at the 3d aurora too.
it's so hard to find a case that really meets all of my needs.

im getting mine today as soon as the damn ups truck shows up. I will post pics of it tonight when i get off of work.

so anyone else have some pics of the masstige?

i'm thinking of getting something soon.

Worst thing about it is the homoerotic display of "aerocool" on the top front.

:D

You want pics of the masstige? I could post some tomorrow when I get my Gt Stealth rad in... I have one already on my webspace,

The pic's a bit small, but excuse my cellphone camera :).

http://geocities.com/arcygenical/WcsetupFull.jpg

Once again, I'll get some more when my build is finished (waiting on the UPS truck too). About the case, however, I love it. Almost everything about it. The default HD bays (below the mobo) can be removed if you figure their mounting scheme out, or you can leave 1 in (like I did). As mentionned, they're SOLID as hell, really great construction there. The side fans, are silent at 10v (and move alot of air for their RPM) and I feel sorry for the poster who lost one, they're really nice (On a side not, email Aerocool, they'll send you a replacement for practically nothing, I got another 120mm HD fan bracket for 7$ shipped XD).

I've had 4 cases in my life, and worked with about 50 others (friends, clients etc.). Without spending hundreds for a Lian-Li, this is by far my favorite.

Arcygenical said:
:D

You want pics of the masstige? I could post some tomorrow when I get my Gt Stealth rad in... I have one already on my webspace,

The pic's a bit small, but excuse my cellphone camera :).

http://geocities.com/arcygenical/WcsetupFull.jpg

Once again, I'll get some more when my build is finished (waiting on the UPS truck too). About the case, however, I love it. Almost everything about it. The default HD bays (below the mobo) can be removed if you figure their mounting scheme out, or you can leave 1 in (like I did). As mentionned, they're SOLID as hell, really great construction there. The side fans, are silent at 10v (and move alot of air for their RPM) and I feel sorry for the poster who lost one, they're really nice (On a side not, email Aerocool, they'll send you a replacement for practically nothing, I got another 120mm HD fan bracket for 7$ shipped XD).

I've had 4 cases in my life, and worked with about 50 others (friends, clients etc.). Without spending hundreds for a Lian-Li, this is by far my favorite.

yeah i'd love to see some more pics...the more and more i read about this case, the more i think i want it. I have to decide what water cooling kit i'm gonna put in it now....

thinking maybe a apex ultra in that case....could be nice.

has anyone tried a blowhole in the top of this case?
seems like it would help the PCI-e area.

i'm gonna be running SLI and maybe a 7950 down the road, just i was thinking it's better to be safe than sorry.

i haven't got my case yet, it sould be here in a day or do. would a 120mm blow hole fit?

i have had a masstige for a while and have been loving it ever since. I will finally post some pics of it later today or tomorrow.

On the subject of blow holes what is the best way to mod one in?

if your going to be watercooling then there is no real reason to put a blow hole in the top. But if you are running sli then i would suggest it if air-cooling

i'm not going to water cool the graphic cards yet because i switch them out pretty often.

so i figure it's a good idea to keep some extra airflow up there.

Hmm.. now that I see this case more and more, I think I might get this over the Lian-Li V1000 or 1200 just because of the cheaper cost and nearly same setup. I will be doing water cooling, and I was thinking about mounting a 2x120 radiator either in the top, or front. (inside for a cleaner look) Then, it looks like you could cut the top off of those HDD racks below the motherboard, and mount a 150GB Raptor in there so you could see it spinning thru the little window they have on them now. It would be even cooler if you had 2 of them in raid with the windows visible like that.. but expensive. 0_o

yeah i'll be mounting my rad up front, i guess there is a ton of room.

i haven't decided what i am going to do with those hard drive bays, them seem to be asking for some mod though.

Yea there is a ton of room in the front. I had my BIP2 x-flow in the front w/no modifications needed what so ever. Kinda wish i was still using ATX instead of mATX and was watercooling. I am actually selling my case if anyone is looking to save some money.
;)

Back