Aeron?

Sz1hart

Limp Gawd
Anybody have any thoughs about the Aeron chair?

In about 4 hours I plan to order the chair, still deciding on the fully loaded or basic model, so I really need some opinion about this chair. I notice firingsquad and maximumpc did a review of this chair, but firingsquad was 98!!! and maximumpc was something like 04...

If anyone that owns this chair could give there opinion that be great and what they think about everything(features).

Thanks

lol, I look through there so many times... :(

There wasn't even one picture of the Aeron(or that I notice), but people talking about it. I believe I notice 2 people who said they own it, but didn't even post pics :( .

Thanks for trying to help :)

bump...

I can get a brand new one for about 870 w/warranty. I been reading some post in here and seems like some people on here have them, now if you would only help me choose by give your though(s)/opinion.

Thanks

I have 2 Aeron chairs and love them. I do, however, love my highback Equa II (leather) better.

Wish I could find some leather arm pads for the aeron chairs, tough to find out there.

If you don't care about the forward lift, just get the basic model. It'll save you some cash.

Almost $1000 for an office chair? Wow.... I guess if you have the money to burn...

Personally, I picked up a $50 leather reclining chair from Ollie's Bargain Outlet, very comfortable, stylish, and hey, leather.

They're really not all that comfortable. I had one at work and switched it out for a nice high-backed fabric chair from Office Depot.

Go to a store and sit in chairs til you find the right one.

The problem is I live in Washington and well try isn't any place that Im aware of that contain this chair.

The guy on the phone told me that I have a 30day return period if I don't like it and said the 12warranty well replace everything on the chair for up to 12year which isn't bad if you think about it. Now if I don't like it then all I have to do is pay for shipping back to them($75).

I though the fully loaded version also support adjusting armrest by X degree and like 2 other things? The guy as nice, offer 40off and free upgrade, now I can get the posturefit or leather armrest for free.

Thanks for the help, what is it that you don't like about your aeron?

Sz1hart said:
The problem is I live in Washington and well try isn't any place that Im aware of that contain this chair.

The guy on the phone told me that I have a 30day return period if I don't like it and said the 12warranty well replace everything on the chair for up to 12year which isn't bad if you think about it. Now if I don't like it then all I have to do is pay for shipping back to them($75).

I though the fully loaded version also support adjusting armrest by X degree and like 2 other things? The guy as nice, offer 40off and free upgrade, now I can get the posturefit or leather armrest for free.

Thanks for the help, what is it that you don't like about your aeron?
There's a reason chairs have padding.

The mesh on the Aeron chairs just doesn't conform to the body and doesn't give the comfortable support of a quality foam padded chair. It's kinda slippery, too. It's just not really comfortable.

Think about how cheap those things really are to make. There's a reason you don't see a billion cheap copies of them. They're just not comfortable at all.

There was a site that I saw the other day for like 500ish ship but no warranty.

If you notice the PostureFit on there cost 900 while I can get it for 870 for the same thing, though they have free armrest upgrade which I don't think I need. I think i'll go to staple and officedepot just to look around and see how the "copy" versions are.

Thanks for the help so far, anymore would be great.

Sz1hart said:
There was a site that I saw the other day for like 500ish ship but no warranty.

If you notice the PostureFit on there cost 900 while I can get it for 870 for the same thing, though they have free armrest upgrade which I don't think I need. I think i'll go to staple and officedepot just to look around and see how the "copy" versions are.

Thanks for the help so far, anymore would be great.
Well, good luck, but the Aeron chair is a massively overpriced piece of junk that's a relic of the dot-com boom of the 90s. It was expensive because it was artsy and geeky looking and marketed specifically to the corporations that had a ton of venture capital to throw around at whatever they wanted, including futuristic looking ultra-ergonomic office furniture.

But if you get one, I hope you enjoy it :)

Hah, I just did a search for "Aeron chair" and found this page:

http://www.dack.com/misc/aeron.html

"Herman Miller's Aeron chair isn't just the symbol of wasted VC money and dot-com failure, it's also a beautiful example of a triumph of form over function. Oh sure, its unusual, minimalist look has made the chair an award-winnng icon of modern design (hell, it's even on permanent display at New York's Museum of Modern Art), but sitting in an Aeron chair hurts like a bitch."

100% on the money on all his points.

lol, I read that awhile ago and well am lost between all the reviews and etc.

It seems like half like it and half don't though I don't even know if they even really try it out, as in own one. It just seems that some people well complain about how its a of money when they never try it and the same for the other side.

As of now, I may order one and if I don't like it then I lose 75bucks but then I guess I can get 2more monitor or save it :)

Looks like I may order friday and it should take 4 days to get here so umm...(still deciding :()

I have a friend that swears by his Aeron. shrug. I'm more of a $99 leather chair from Office Depot kinda guy.

I have a $900+ Aeron chair and a $140 staples chair. Unless you're a morbidly obese business man who wants something as a status symbol in his office (to show off) I would not buy one. They aren't worth $750 over a more comfy chair. In fact many people complain that these chairs hurt their lower backs.

kumquat said:
Well, good luck, but the Aeron chair is a massively overpriced piece of junk that's a relic of the dot-com boom of the 90s. It was expensive because it was artsy and geeky looking and marketed specifically to the corporations that had a ton of venture capital to throw around at whatever they wanted, including futuristic looking ultra-ergonomic office furniture.

But if you get one, I hope you enjoy it :)

Yes! You're great. Excellent aphorism of this chair

Fits someones need as a status symbol or fits someones need as something to comfort his fat ass while sitting down? 50/50? Sure it could go both ways but I'm sure most people who don't care about the Aeron name would say the chair was mediocre for it's cost.

When I mean 50/50, I ment how the people on the net rate the chair. There seems to be a few that do and don't like them which in the end comes down to opinion since each person body/mind are different and their idea of a well suited chair is greatly different from others.

The main point about this thread was what your opinions were with the chair and not status. Sure it may matter to others but I don't plan on posting anything about it unless ask how I like it or just post pictures. My goal is to share my experience with others and let them choose for them self.

I must say that its alot of money for a chair, but if it supports you and is comfy then the better. That is why I was worry about 2 things, warranty and return policy. 30day test and if I don't like it 75 to ship it back. Its better then say I have to stick with a chair that I won't like. I wonder how all those people who spend large amount of sum (600+) on the video feel when they brough those?

I wouldn't buy a $700 chair that 50% of people don't even like, when generally 100% of people are happy with their $100 Office Depot chair ;)

That price tag is a big incentive to "liking it." Many people force themselves to like things they spent a lot of money on and overlook their shortcomings.

:) Good Point

Like I said, its really opinion, after alot of thinking/reading, Im now deciding if I should even waste 75 to try the product out...

I also plan on getting URL=http://biomorphdesk.com/1-888-302-DESK/addons_keyboard.html]this[/URL]

Back